Friday, October 6, 2023

A very short Frugal Friday

Because, well, my trip wasn't exactly about frugality.

So, in no particular order:

  • When I got home from the airport, I ordered a delivery lunch. I had no car, could have definitely made something from around the house, but that just wasn't on the agenda. Obviously, not frugal. But, I used a $5 reward for the order.
  • Baked chicken today, to serve with the other half of yesterday's lunch salad. 
  • Somehow, managed to convert almost exactly the right amount of money into Euros, avoiding the need to change back & pay a fee. I do have about $6 or so in coins, which I'll hand off to the next person I know heading to Europe. You need those coins to pay for the bathroom! Which, I admittedly still don't fully get, but nevertheless, being without change & needing to use the bathroom is a situation I like to avoid.
  • Made an incredibly lazy dinner of Trader Joes orange chicken, to feed to the teens on Thursday night. 
  • Watched two series of Ted Lasso on my sister's iPad at various points on the trip, eliminating my desire to sign up for yet another media subscription. 
  • Made the most of the coffee & free breakfast at our hotel, which was fantastic. 
  • We received a free upgrade to our hotel room in Nice, which meant we had quite a large balcony - enough for a table & two chairs + two lounge chairs. 
  • Submitted form for $100 in reimbursement for soccer volunteering. (I'm "required" to volunteer 3 hours/kid, and then get the money back in the form of soccer fees discount). 
  • I gave away a flight upgrade to a coworker, as it's clear I won't be able to use them before they expire. She got me a gift card as a thank you.
What about you? Any wins to share?

3 comments:

  1. That have to pay for the bathroom thing in Paris would be important information for someone going there who had never been. This situation sounds like the plot of the musical "Urinetown". lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot, I can barely make it to the bathroom! Yikes on paying for it! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am old enough to remember when some U.S. department store toilets had a device on the stall door for inserting a coin! That was also back when there were still cloth towel rollers for drying one's hands. I would like to think that the money collected for using the toilets was used to pay the cleaning staff.

    ReplyDelete