Friday, October 6, 2023

September Goals Recap

September was a wild month, with an unexpected business trip to Tokyo, plus my planned trip to France. I do not recommend two international trips in one month!

As a result, it was not a particularly productive month on the goals front, but no use avoiding that reflection. Best to just review it & move on. 

Financial:

  • Stick to our budget - it was a budget buster of a month. I upgraded our flights to Hawaii, as part of M's anniversary gift. Our (one) TV broke, so we replaced that. And, France was more expensive than anticipated. 
  • Use 3 "hard to use" freezer/pantry items - goodness, I think so? I'm really struggling to remember what I used. I know I used some overly ripe freezer bananas & a ton of frozen fruit, so I'm giving myself a 2/3. 
  • Stay on track with travel budget - that's a big fat no! 

Family:

  • Have one date with M - yes, we had a fabulous & fun dinner out 
  • Take Nick out - I took him to his favorite store (the sports store) & we looked around for several hours, where he made a list of things he'd eventually like. 
  • Set up weekly kid/mom meetings - I've met with each kid 1x. 

Fitness/Health:

  • Lose 3 lbs - oh my, no. I'm afraid to get on the scale, post-trip. 
  • Run 60 miles - I was recovering from COVID, traveling, jet lagged & traveling again. Definitely no. 
  • Follow the No S diet...entirely, when not traveling + in Tokyo, and loosely in France - I did great when I was in Tokyo (best I've ever done on a trip), but France was a free for all. 

Personal/Creative:

  • Do something social with friends - I met a friend for a workout + coffee, and had a girls trip!
  • Practice French on Duolingo - yes, most days before the trip
  • Have a fabulous trip to France - Absolutely! It was incredible. 
What about you? How did you do with your September goals?

1 comment:

  1. I think you did really well considering you had two international trips on opposite sides of the globe! Heck, you did well even without taking into account all the extra travel. My goals were to successfully navigate job and certain personal stress, and to walk an hour 4 times a week. I give myself an A on the exercise and a B on handling the job/personal stressors. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete