Saturday, March 9, 2024

Saturday Happenings

I'm finding "the weekend" to be a strange concept, when I'm not working. I'm so used to rushing, & trying to carve out a small window of relaxation among the need to be productive on weekends. It's very different to feel like it's a regular day, where I can get things done, but not be stressed. 

Sam had the flu yesterday, and it was also strange to be able to run around & pick up drinks for him, check on him every hour, clean up vomit & not be worried about work. Having the flexibility to take care of him felt like a real luxury. I'm so, so lucky in that I think he's missed a total of 3 days of school since we moved to California, so staying home sick isn't something he's done much of. 

As for today, here's what I'm currently planning to do today:

  • Workout class
  • Make muffins
  • Farsi lesson
  • Journal
  • Yard work
  • Clean out the freezer, and reorganize a few things
  • Organize pantry
  • List a few things on Buy Nothing
  • Wrap Nick's birthday gifts
What are you up to today? Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I'm currently waiting for just a little more sunshine warmth to arrive before heading out for a run to the beach and back. After that, we're heading out to a Symphony concert at a nearby college, then heading to a brewery for craft beer, live music, and some great foodtruck options.

    - Tamara R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been cleaning and a little laundry. About to get the dog walked and then run errands. It's chilly, but want to get some outside work done. Then, may attempt to tackle my clothes in the closet. Nothing much as I'll be alone all day. Well, pup is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, rather groggily after my jaw and dental surgery yesterday, walked an hour. It was a slow walk. I plan on sitting on the front porch for a bit. My son also drove me to Dollar General to pick up a few things. I will probably nap and make lunch and dinner for him…. maybe. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Sam is feeling better today It's nice to be able to be home and take care of them while they are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My belated commiserations for your being so brutally dismissed from your job. Very cruel and inhuman (they could have given you to the end of the month). On the other hand, maybe you can turn the loss into a new career that will benefit your life and family, given that your sons are both on the edge of college. Roderick

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did some counted cross stitch, went through my home canning storage, and later will be working on some knitting. I also phoned my youngest brother, who has schizophrenia as I do most Saturdays to check up on how he is doing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you were able to be with Sam. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I comment already? I'm having an off day. I can imagine your week was a bit surreal. Hopefully you feel you can give yourself space to figure out what might be next without pressure. I'm sorry Sam's unwell. At that age, they do not like missing school and all the associated activities, but I think their bodies just wear down and tell them they must recover.

    ReplyDelete