Sunday, March 10, 2024

March goals check in

 March has been quite a ride so far! I was supposed to be leaving for Tokyo this morning, made even more "fun" by daylight savings. I'm grateful to not be on that flight.

Financial:

  • Set new goals & come up with revised budget, post layoff - I've made good progress on this
  • Max Nick's 529 - haven't received our bonuses yet
  • Max our 401Ks- haven't received our bonuses yet
  • Put aside money for taxes- haven't received our bonuses yet
  • Save any remaining bonus money for Sam's college expenses- haven't received our bonuses yet
  • Earn $300 in side hustle - no progress on this
  • Pantry/freezer challenge: use up:. I made progress, but mostly not on these items (used 1/2 a bag of the shrimp scampi.) I did use up a very old bag of cauliflower rice & the end of a bag of corn, made muffins out of a bag of pureed bananas, gave away a can of peaches & tossed some expired food. So, overall good progress, just not much on these items. 
    • 2 cans of green beans
    • 2 cans of coconut milk
    • one bag of shrimp scampi
    • the rest of the corn dogs
    • almost full bag of fish sticks
Family:
  • Help Sam finalize his decisions - final college tour in April
  • Get Nick started on the college process - minimal progress
  • Optimize points, perks, miles. - Used points to cover two nights at a very fancy hotel in Napa
  • Plan one fun activity with the boys - planning a spring break trip for April


Fitness:
  • Run a half marathon - done!
  • 8 stretching workouts - 3/10 so far
  • Lose 3 lbs - 1.5 lbs lost
  • 10 strength training workouts - 3/10 so far
  • Follow the No S diet - yes, my new schedule works well with this, and much fewer snack temptations at home
Personal:
  • Get together with friends. - I suddenly have more free time. Met a friend for a workout + coffee, another friend for wine + chat, and had the long weekend with my mom & sister in Napa. 
  • Practice Farsi 10 times - 5/10
  • Declutter 50 items from the house - 12/50
  • Start pickle ball lessons - they start next weekend!
What about you? How are you doing with your March goals?

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to blog a bit more, though I might not hit the publish button on most posts. I need to shore up my budget, and set a hard date so I can really Target retirement. Not only do I need to get my taxes done, I want my accountant to do a mock up for next year, as I'm quite sure I'll be paying in if I don't adjust some things now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowly but surely getting a few accomplished.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I was just reading your last few posts and --yikes--what a big change! I'm sure things will work out well for you but this is a good reminder about how work situations can change so suddenly.

    ReplyDelete