Thursday, April 25, 2024

Thursday Happenings

 I've had a pretty productive week, and am feeling good about that. I wrapped up a couple of April goals (just in time) & am getting ready for my trip to Sedona on Sunday. The boys have tons of stuff going on, so plenty happening on that front. 

I also was able to access my (digital) pay stub for tomorrow, and see that I'm getting paid out my vacation, my standard last paycheck, and one week of additional pay. I believe that's because we're paid in arrears when you join the company. Anyway, it was more than expected, and I will likely tuck most of that into a CD, as we won't need it right away. It will be nice to earn some extra interest on that, until we're ready for it for college payments or other expenses. 

Our current college plans include paying for 1/2 of college for each teen with their 529, and then cash flowing the rest. I experimented with our 529 yesterday, and was able to set up our first withdrawal, to cover the tuition deposit I made. I don't need the money at the moment, but it was a small amount & I wanted to test out the withdrawal process. It was super simple, so that was a nice win.

Here's what I'm up to today:

  • Running class
  • Daily chores: Farsi lesson, meditate, journal
  • Work in the yard. Probably weeding today.
  • Review list of all final work tasks, & ensure they are complete. My last official day is tomorrow.
  • Work on volunteer project
  • Finalize details for M, for when I'm out of town
  • Laundry
  • Go to Nick's tennis finals
  • Help Nick sort out his SAT challenges. The test has moved to digital & it requires some downloads that we can't get to work. 
  • Register Nick for a college class in the fall. This is a partnership with his high school
  • Get cash for trip
  • Help both boys buy prom tickets (e.g I'll be the one paying for them) ;-)
  • Talk to Nick about weekend schedule, because it's madness.
What about you? What are you up to today?

4 comments:

  1. That's amazing that you're so well prepared. We had to use the federal guaranteed loans to help with cash flow, but have since paid off- as many y ars still nice my older two were the undergrad. I wish it had been better, but they all ended it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great that you are letting son go to a State college. Some people are such education snobs and really unless you plan on working in Boston why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing really, other than packaging the meat we purchased and going grocery shopping. I am still pretty tired from our trip to the city this week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still just so happy for Sam regarding college! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete