Tuesday, April 30, 2024

April Goals Recap

 April was a really good month, with a fun family spring break trip, Sam finalizing his college decision, and the final day of my employment. (Still waiting to get details on my severance package - so surprised it's taken this long). Thanks to not having to work, I was really quite productive this month. I've been very focused on my overall fitness, as well as getting things done around the house & with the teens.

Here's how I did!

Financial:

  • Pay federal & State taxes - done
  • Sort out cash flow & remaining 2024 budget, post severance numbers - I did what I could with this, but still don't have final severance numbers. I did get my final paycheck + vacation payout, and have college numbers, which is all helpful.
  • Earn $300 in side hustle - I made $1271/300, helped by our Costco rebate, a settlement check & 12 eBay/FB Marketplace sales.
  • Monthly freezer/pantry challenges: use up fish sticks, rotisserie chicken & pulled pork. - Used up the pulled pork, rotisserie chicken, 1/2 the fish sticks, a bag of pizza rolls, the shrimp scampi, 1/2 a bag of cranberries & the last can of green beans. Definitely consider the progress a win.
Family:
  • Last college tour + confirm decision & begin college admission work - college selection is done, deposit is paid, first housing form is filled out. Still a ton to do!
  • Help Nick with college tasks - we've made some progress
  • Both boys - AP test prep - both boys are working on this, but lots of studying ahead
  • Have a great & on budget spring break trip - done & done!
  • Plan Costa Rica trip for the fall - flights & hotel are booked, as well as flights for my parents to fly in to watch Nick!
  • One fun activity with the boys - skiing, dinners out & road trip to Tahoe

Fitness:

  • 10 stretching workouts - 10/10
  • Lose 3 lbs - 0/3 lbs, although I can definitely tell that I'm in better shape & my clothes are fitting better.
  • 12 strength training workouts - 12/12
  • Run 60 miles - 66/60 miles
  • Follow the No S diet - I did okay with this. I'm trying to figure out how to accommodate flexible dinner times, and avoid snacking, which can be hard when there's an unexpectedly large gap between lunches & dinners & I'm overall keeping my calories low. 
Personal:
  • Get together with friends - yep, I've met up with friends for coffee, hikes, walks, etc.
  • Practice Farsi 20 times - 24/20 times
  • Declutter 100 items from the house - 69/100. April has been a month of selling things vs decluttering, which means smaller numbers. The house decluttering is in very good shape, which is a good problem to have!
  • Meditate daily - I missed a couple of days while traveling, but otherwise yes.
  • Complete the Science of Well Being course - yes, and I loved it!
  • 30 minutes of fiction writing - done!
  • Work on volunteer project - yes, working on it. It will be done in May. 

That's it from my side. How did you do with your April goals? Any goals carrying over to May?


1 comment:

  1. Very well done. I will be posting my April goals and those that carry over into May tonight. Might also post my May goals.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete