Monday, September 7, 2026

Fitness Monday + Point Reyes

 First up, we had a fabulous day hiking yesterday, and went to Point Reyes National Seashore where we did the Tomales Point Trail. We got in about 10 miles, and it was absolutely stunning. Right on the water, and the hike winds through an elk preserve. We saw a lot of elk & I can't believe we've never been there before. We wrapped up our day with a late lunch (lots of local oysters for M & a burger for me + a glass of wine). Such a wonderful way to spend a day!





Now onto my regular Fitness Monday updates...

Weight: 146.1, down 1.6 lbs since last week

Calories: 1,250/day

Steps: 12,119/day (helped a lot by yesterday's 24k day!)

Workouts:
  • 3 hard workout classes (combo of cardio + strength)
  • 1 full body strength workout
  • 1 - 45 minute elliptical workout
  • 1 - 10 mile hike

Goals for the week:
The previous week had a lot of wins, and I had more schedule flex than usual. This week is going to be a lot crazier, so my goals are to stay the course, try to find ways to sneak in workouts as I can, and continue to focus on eating enough protein & fiber. I'm starting off the week with a hike with my friend this morning, which should be fun.

What about you? How are you doing with your health & fitness goals this week? 


3 comments:

  1. I missed my first Friday in September original goal, but still list a bit. I think its just going to be harder at my age to lose weight at the pace I used to. But, I'm seeing that changes I've been making are sustainable, dont feel like Im depriving myself, and putting in extra bits of exercise is doable. If that means slow progress but maintainable, I'll call it successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. Looks beautiful, and I love seeing animals in the wild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous views! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete