As opposed to last week, this one was expensive, as it involved house repairs.
September 4th-September 10th
- Friday - the plumber came, and we paid $1700 for a bunch of repair work we needed to have done.
- Saturday - Trader Joes + Costco, $225.78
- Sunday - Lunch/dinner combo out at after our hike (we had oysters, a burger, a shared salad, wine + a blood Mary) - $186.17
- Monday - I bought a national park pass, in advance of our trip to Utah, and a trip to Joshua Tree with my parents - $80. Also had to order a house wide water softener, which is basically required in our neighborhood - $2429.81. Not having this is causing other plumbing issues, so in the long run, this is the better option. Note that this doesn't include installation, which we haven't paid for yet. The plumbing above is related to our failed sump pump. We also have a leak in our bathroom, so the plumbing fun continues for sure.
- Tuesday - no spending
- Wednesday - Bought lunch at the office, in the middle of a crazy day. It's been a work week, so I spent $7.67 on a large salad.
- Thursday - I again bought lunch, but brought home leftovers for dinner for Sam, before he left for work. I spent $10.41 on a sandwich.
Total eBay sales for the week = $50.29 (summarizing, vs trying to keep track of which days they were on).
Total net spend (spend above minus side hustle) = $4589.55
As you can see, it was an incredibly expensive week! Let's hope next week is very inexpensive, but I've heard the plumber will be back soon to install our water softener system.
Plumbing expenses add up so fast. I have another little drip going on. Home ownership never stops giving, does it. I'm glad some of your spending was for future joy and treating yourself to lunch in a busy stressful week seemed like good choices.
ReplyDeletePlumbing issues are very expensive….. ugh. Because of how flat and swampy like it is here I am on a first name basis with my plumber who I seem to see at least once every six months. Cindy in the South
ReplyDeleteRepairs are the bane of home ownership, and it seems that everything fails at once.
ReplyDelete