Right now, I'm at the starting point of 2013, & it's such a fantastic feeling. . . butterflies, anticipation, feeling like absolutely anything is possible.
This is me, getting ready to lead my team on a 200 mile adventure (Hood To Coast Relay) from Mt. Hood to Seaside, Oregon this summer. I'm at the starting line, nervous as heck, having no idea what lay ahead, but excited beyond words. Similar to how I feel about a new year! In many ways, running is a great metaphor for how I feel.
As the year wears on, there will be a lot of this, I'm sure:
Yeah, that's me looking so completely exhausted, coated in sweat, about half way through the most difficult run of my life. It was 90, way hillier than I expected, & I ran out of water.
And then, I'm still hopeful that the year will hold a little bit of this:
Victories, goals achieved, personal bests, pushing myself far beyond what I thought was possible. . .
And with that, here's what's on my goal list for 2013!
- Lose 10 pounds, bringing my weight to 135. I'm trying to shoot for a healthy, but realistic number.
- Track my food/exercise every day in My Fitness Pal.
- Complete 13,000 minutes of cardio. This will be a huge stretch goal for me, but I'm ready for the challenge!
- Complete 100 strength workouts.
- Complete 100 stretching workouts.
- Run consistently:
- Run 10 races. I have a few in mind, but basically want to challenge myself to really maintain my running endurance throughout the year.
- Run 20 miles (or more per week).
- Run 1000 miles in 2013.
- Achieve a personal best in a half marathon.
- Run a 5K, 10K, 15K, & potentially a 30K.