Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ten things Thursday

Normally I have a to do list the length of my arm, but I'm slowly getting my energy back from being sick (and dealing with a big anemia flare up, which was likely the cause of my fatigue, combined with the flu). Time to focus on just a few things I want to get done the rest of the week.

Here goes:
  1. Plan a menu for the next week or so. We've been eating out too much & flying by the seat of our pants.
  2. Get back to working out, which the doctor swears will help not hurt my energy levels. I'm fine with slow running mixed with jogging. I'm committing to myself not to get bummed by having to go slower than normal.
  3. Run (or, walk) my 10K this weekend.
  4. Two stretching workouts (either yoga or pilates)
  5. Two blog posts. I've been out of the loop!
  6. Determine my next set of items to list on eBay. I've made over $1800 so far!!!
  7. Plan another half marathon for the summer. I'm clearly not going to be well trained for my upcoming run on Mother's Day, and while I'll likely still do it, I have low expectations for my time.
  8. Help my sister plan my grandmother's 80th birthday.
  9. Decide on a gift for my mom for mother's day.
  10. Find a way to squeeze in a date night with M! Or, maybe a lunch if dinner is not possible.
On the budgeting front, things are going surprisingly well, given that I've been on autopilot & not focusing at all on the numbers. We definitely ate out more than normal, but our grocery bill was down drastically due to: M traveling more for work, the eating out, and our Costco rebate. We also had to pre-register for a few summer camps, which drove up our childcare spending.

All in all, I'm so happy to know how to fix my fatigue & lack of energy, and I'm very excited to get back to "feeling like myself"! Looking forward to May & additional sunshine. :-)

How is your April looking? Did you accomplish any big goals or stay within your budget? What are you hoping to get done this week?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you/they got to the botton of your sickness!
    Take it easy for a while and don't go overdoing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to the bottom of it too. Anaemia can cause so many problems - I take two supplements a day and it seems to keep it at bay. Hope you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete