Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Menu Plan Tuesday, plus what we actually ate last week

I'm already missing the three day weekend, but onward & upward! Here's our menu plan for the week ahead (and a recap of what we had the last couple of days):
  • Sunday - crazy day with soccer games, so leftovers from the fridge
  • Monday - kebabs & rice
  • Tuesday - Tacos, chips & guacamole
  • Wednesday - Spaghetti & meatballs
  • Thursday - Tomato soup & grilled cheese sandwiches + salad
  • Friday - homemade taquitos & guacamole
  • Saturday - homemade calzones
  • Sunday - I'll be traveling, so M will make either pizza or pasta & some sort of protein for the kids.
And, because I love it when other bloggers share what they *actually* ate the prior week vs the meal plan, I thought I'd do the same. 

This was our menu plan from last week:

  • Sunday - rice, Persian beef kebabs, and yogurt sauce
  • Monday - leftover tacos for the kids, risotto for the adults
  • Tuesday - I'll be home late, so I'll ask the nanny to heat up the remaining chicken pastina for the adults, and spaghetti and meatballs for the kids
  • Wednesday - I have a work dinner, so I'm guessing M will either take the kids to Sweet Tomatoes, or heat up a frozen pizza
  • Thursday - leftover kebabs & rice
  • Friday - Chicken marsala casserole
  • Saturday - homemade calzones

And, what we ate:
  • Sunday - definitely had the rice & kebabs + yogurt. Yum!
  • Monday - We also had the leftover tacos & risotto, split between kids & adults
  • Tuesday - I didn't end up having to work late, so I had the pastina, M had still more risotto, and the kids had spaghetti & meatballs.
  • Wednesday - as I guessed, M did take the kids to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner
  • Thursday - yes, we had the leftover kebabs & rice!
  • Friday - I made chicken marsala casserole
  • Saturday - Nope, I didn't make the calzones, as we got home late from the movies. Instead, I took a couple of frozen pizzas (we had a sleepover guest as well) & doctored them up.

All told, I'm super impressed that we stayed on track & only had one deviation from the plan. Especially given that it was a bit of a crazy week. 

How about you? Did you stay on track for your menu plan? How often do you typically cook "fresh" meals, vs repurposing ones you already have? I find that we only need 2-3 fresh meals, and the rest are generally leftovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment