Monday, August 22, 2016

Weekly spending report (8/15-8/21)

It was a pretty typical week this week. Nothing super unusual, other than making a few purchases/withdrawals in advance of my big adventure relay next week. When you are planning to buy multiple meals at roadside stops, you need cash! :-) Here's what we spent:

Monday - no spend day
Tuesday - no spend day 
Wednesday - no spend day 
Thursday - 

  • $93.84 - bean bag for Nick's room, via Amazon
  • $1.59 - water bottle for Nick's soccer practice. He's usually really good about it, but forgot is water bottle. He's the one who gets migraines if he's dehydrated, so I sucked it up & bought one. 

Friday:

  • $19 - soccer socks for the boys. More socks. These are the easier to put on kind, and hopefully will last, but with 10ish soccer events per week between the two of them. . . 
  • $140 - registered all four of us for the local school 5K. All of the entry fee goes to the boys elementary school.
  • $200 - cash for my adventure relay. Food, my portion of gas, etc. 
  • $23.25 - gift card for a birthday party + a card for my dad. I usually make all of our cards, but I was in charge of supplying a shared card for others this time. I splurged. ;-)
  • $21.93 - Trader Joes. Stocked up on a few items for "Asian dinner night". I'm hoping it will make at least 2-3 dinners + some thermos lunch options for the kids. 
  • $10.25 at the produce stand. This included - wheat lavosh bread, mini cucumber, radishes, and two giant heads of romaine lettuce. The lettuce is so big it typically lasts for a week's worth of salads

Saturday - 

  • $16.50 - a pair of jeans for Sam. He currently owns zero pair of pants. Growing too quickly!
  • $58.56 - a set of steak knives + car wash towels
  • $21.74 - BevMo. Not sure what was included, but triple sec?
  • $55.98 - Grand Marnier & vodka at Costco. It's cheaper than going out for cocktails, but you have to replenish the supply!
  • $121.27 - Costco for standard groceries
  • $28.26 - gas
  • $25 - Starbucks. I forgot to turn off the "auto reload" setting. (There was an offer a month or so ago to get a $10 gift card if you turned this on.) It's not a big deal, as I normally buy breakfast for everyone on Friday am before we leave for our relay, so this should work out okay.

Sunday - no spend day


Yikes! A total spend of $837.17. It really adds up quickly. And, this is why I do this exercise, because it's a constant reminder to stay on top of our spending. How about you? Did you track your spending for the week? How did you do? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i
    came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to enhance my web
    site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete