M is with Sam at a soccer tournament (ha, I know - so many trips, so many brackets, so much tournament), so Nick & I are on our own. If they lose their first game, they will be home by lunch. If they win, it will be a long day with a second game.
Nick & I are going to sweep the floors (we really know how to party), make dinner rolls - back by special request because they were such a huge hit last week, get some exercise, work on a book report, and go to the produce stand. I'll also carve out some time for reading.
I've also been working on the menu plan for the week, so here's what I'm planning:
- Saturday - kebabs (from the freezer) + au gratin potatoes, to use up the last of a bag of potatoes. And, salad, of course.
- Sunday - Either homemade pizza/calzone, or oven baked chicken risotto
- Monday - chicken tortilla soup with the last of the homemade guacamole, and tortilla chips
- Tuesday - ham & potato soup with homemade rolls
- Wednesday - leftover risotto or calzone
- Thursday - leftover soup
- Friday - Asian cuisine night (from the freezer). We have pot stickers, buns, edamame, & orange chicken
And, gratuitous cute puppy picture to lighten the mood today.
Tell me one thing you are looking forward to this weekend!