I ran a bunch of errands yesterday, & stumbled upon a huge grocery deal at our local Lucky (owned by Kroger, I believe). In their 90% off holiday section, they had Keurig holiday blends. So, I bought 10 boxes of 12 packs for just under $6 (total). 120 K cups for that price drops my standard cost per unit of $.25 to $.0475 per unit. WOW! I may go back & pick up any remaining boxes today. This, plus our remaining Keurig stock should get us through the next six months. I was also given a holiday gift of 2 packages of Columbian coffee (my coworker goes to Columbia over the holidays to visit family & brought me back a few large bags as a thank you for covering a few issues in his absence), so I'm hoping we can minimize our grocery spending in coffee greatly with this. Woohoo! And yes, we are also concerned about the environmental impact of the K cups. We typically buy only the compostable kind. Instead, these are recyclable, so we will need to rinse them after each use & make sure to recycle them. Still not perfect, I realize.
Okay, here's what's on my to do list for today:
- Go for a run. Should be interesting with the weather
- Take the boys to futsal practice
- Bake muffins for the freezer
- Take Nick to his futsal game
- Squeeze in a 21 day fix strength workout?
- Wash boys sheets
- Return a gift to Nordstrom
- Go through our schedule for the week, including new bonus soccer practices & skill sessions.
- Email nanny & M with schedule details
- Clean bathrooms
- Text our cleaning lady about cancelling our service. (M hasn't yet agreed to this. Negotiations in progress)
- Menu plan for the week
- Call my parents. My dad injured himself yesterday & is unable to get to urgent care due to a huge amount of snow & ice storm. They are waiting for the snow plow to get to them. They live WAY out in the country, so will be way down on the list of priorities.
And, here's our menu plan, including the tail end of the week. I have a bunch of late meetings this week, so will rely on leftovers or easy options from the freezer.
- Friday - homemade pizza. The adults & one kid had "fridge scraps pizza", which included salami, one small piece of chicken, cheese, & onion. Other kid had a cheese pizza.
- Saturday - Persian dish called lubia polo with yogurt sauce.
- Sunday - goat cheese crostini + mini meat loaves & homemade stuffing
- Monday - clam chowder (Boudin, from Costco) + crostini
- Tuesday - leftover lubia polo & yogurt sauce
- Wednesday - leftover meatloaf & roasted brussels sprouts
- Thursday - Baked chicken & pasta
- Friday - Chicken potato soup (new recipe)
What about you? What are you up to today? What's on your menu for the week? How is the weather where you are?