- Lemons - sadly, we've moved out of our house with the lemon tree, and I miss it SO Much! I think I have five lemons left. But, from a use it up perspective, we're all clear here.
- Two unopened tubs of Nutella - 3/4 gone. No additional progress since TSA confiscated a tub I was bringing to my mom. Had no idea it was a "liquid".
- Poppy seeds - (lemon poppy seed muffins) - done
- 1/2 a bag of quinoa - gone! Used the remainder for spicy quinoa chicken tacos.
- two tubs of pesto unearthed from the freezer, from many, many batches ago - one gone, one slotted to go into pesto risotto soon - gone! We need to plant more basil.
- 2/3 a bag of chia seeds - gone. Used these in smoothies, yogurt, granola, etc.
- 1/4 bag of Craisins - used these in granola.
- An enormous quantity of baking chocolate, repurposed from random bars & gifts - all gone. Used these in granola, cookies, etc.
- 2/3 bag of cashew pieces (so, better for baking/cooking vs snacking, as not entire cashews) - no progress. - used up in granola!
- A bag of dried pinto beans (I need to cook these & freeze them for tacos). -By far the worst experiment. Used all of them, but apparently didn't get the cooking right, because they were a stomach killer & I had to toss them.
- 8 individual packs of almonds & trail mix - used in granola!
- 3 individual servings of honey peanut butter - used in granola!
- 1 1/2 boxes of orzo - gone. Used in one of my favorite rice pilaf dishes.
- 3/4 a large box of stuffing - I've made another batch of stuffing, but no one really loves it, and it just . . . lingers there.
Wow! Look at all of that progress! Moving definitely helped me whittle down the pantry, fridge & freezer. I'm in much more of a "restock" phase vs use it up these days.
What about you? Do you have pantry, fridge or freezer items you are trying to use up?