- Stay on track with our food budget, including both eating out & groceries. We will have guests for a few days, which may push the spending a bit higher than normal, so this will require some planning & effort. - We were under for groceries, but over for dining out. I also bought two gift cards on discount that we haven't used, but applied them to our August budget. I also took my mom to lunch as a thank you for deep cleaning the house when she was here.
- Come up with one way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - I can't think of anything special that I did this month
- Earn another $200 in sidehustle money. Split this between college money for the kids, & an extra payment on our vacation house mortgage. - Yes! We made $265 this month.
- Rough out our 2019 budget, 2019 vacation plans, & income projections - this is critical as I try to narrow down work options - We've made some progress here, but need to keep refining our numbers.
- Have one family evening together: cooking dinner, board games, etc - We spent a lot of time together when my parents were here, and enjoyed a few pool parties.
- Have a date night with my husband - No, & I miss this! Hoping we can find time in September.
- Continue financial help (knowledge, not money) with sister & friend - Nothing has come up this month.
- Take the kids to Great America before the passes expire - Both the boys have now been 1x, although they went with friends. M was going to take the boys last weekend, but Nick wasn't feeling well.
- Complete another full round of 21 Day Fix - I was pretty focused on my relay, & have been having some health issues, so only completed 10 days.
- Eat 5.5 servings a day of fruit & veggies - my stomach issues have made this quite a challenge. Definite fail. I'm averaging around 3/day.
- Lose 3 pounds - Yes. I do think I've lost a bit of muscle tone, but I'm also suffering from some stomach issues that are making eating unpleasant. I have a bunch of appointments to try & figure it out, so fingers crossed. Although, the weight loss is at least one positive result. ;-)
- Run 12 times, complete 1/2 marathon training plan - I was pretty focused on my relay, & have been having some health issues, so only ran 1x.
- Complete 4 pace walks for my relay. - Yes!
- Successfully complete my relay - Yes!
- Work from home 2 days - Yes. I don't think I'll have any WFH days in September, which makes me sad. They really help my energy level & overall productivity.
- Work on my my "homework" from my coach - Yes, it's been eye opening & fun/challenging.
- Start working on options for a revised, part-time role. Investigate options, reach out to my network - I'm passing on this right now. Work is absolutely insane, and my goal is to get through to my sabbatical. I can't focus on anything else right now. Putting this on pause for the time being.
- Make one new recipe - Nope.
- Spend time with a friend - Spent two days in a van & then celebrating, so counting it!
- Volunteer at least 1x - Nope. Really need to find something that works for my schedule.
- Again - Order the book "Now What" from the library & complete it - Ahem. still need to do this.
As you can see, it was quite a mixed bag this month. I really need to solve my stomach issues (I'm thinking it's a dairy allergy combined with something else?), and I got a round of blood work back that shows my anemia is in full force, so need to get that addressed as well. My goal is to get through to the end of the year, and take my sabbatical!! Woohoo! More to come on goals for September.
What about you? How did you do with your August goals?