Monday, January 21, 2019

A bonus day for getting things done

While we didn't get to ski yesterday, we were out of the house most of Saturday & Sunday, so I need to get a bunch of stuff done today (bonus day!) before I leave for Los Angeles tomorrow. I'm attending a work training, but I also hope to meet up with my cousin who lives nearby. I think it's been 15+ years since I've seen her, so that would be a fun treat.

Here's what's on my to do list for today:

  • Produce stand
  • Buy almond milk. My coffee is sad without it!
  • Pack for LA
  • Check in for flight
  • Two workouts
  • Laundry
  • Clean the house (bathrooms, vacuum, kitchen)
  • Update our budget
  • Recap plans for the kids for the week

Also, a quick check in on how I did with my travel & goals to stay on track:


  • Work on either journaling or creative writing for at least 2 hours (1 hour/flight?) - I did about an hour of journaling, total. 
  • Work on photobooks for minimum of 1 hour. Sometimes I'm awake & insanely jet lagged/tried, so maybe if I wake up early but am in no shape to really accomplish something, I can at least start deleting pictures. - I deleted well over 500 photos, which was a great way to burn time without needing to really "think". My brain isn't at its best at 2:00 am, while I'm trying to stay awake to get adjusted to the new time zone. 
  • Work out every day of my trip. I really need to stay on top of my running. - Yes!
  • Meditate 2x. - I didn't do this. 
  • Continue fasting in the morning. - Yes! It worked well for the trip & I didn't miss the breakfasts.  
  • Avoid dairy - this was pretty easy to do, as most Asian food avoids dairy anyway. 
  • Keep my calories + fruit & vegetables in check - I did "okay" on this one. I didn't always get enough fruit & veggies, and I had a couple of days where my calories were high, but overall, I did reasonably well staying on track. 

For my LA trip, my goals will be a bit different, as I won't be dealing with time zones, and I'm still trying to get adjusted with lingering jet lag. Here are my goals:

  • Work out each day
  • Get 8 hours of sleep/day
  • Journal for 15 minutes/day
  • Meditate 1x
  • No dairy, continue fasting
  • Calories below 1500/day
  • Delete another 200 photos
That's it for me! I'm hoping today is a productive & relaxing day. What about you? Is today a bonus day off for you? How do you plan to spend it?

2 comments:

  1. You made really good use of your plane time. I'm learning form you how it is possible to fit extra doses of organization into time slots that might otherwise be wasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a challenge, but I've been trying to be more creative with my time, particularly when I feel that my schedule is not my own.

      Delete