Work travel is so much additional effort for me, M & there's an enormous amount of juggling with the kids. Thank goodness I have a nice group of friends who can help get the kids home from activities, because M's work schedule in the afternoons is significantly less flexible than mine.
Luckily, we have no commitments today, so I can get things done!
Here's what's on the list:
- Make muffins for M (we're out)
- Clean the kitchen (a deeper clean than I do after I make dinner each day)
- Clean the bathrooms
- Figure out why our shower fixtures (the silver parts) have rusted? Clean as needed
- Finalize schedule for everyone & review with the kids, so they know what's happening each day (where to go, how to get to school, rides to soccer games, etc)
- Finish packing for Tokyo
- Menu plan for the week
- Shopping list
- Produce stand
- Go for a run
- Strength training workout
- Defrost the ice tray in the freezer. The ice froze over & is now in a giant block.
- Bake bacon & package for meals
- Wash sheets
- Make beds
- Take Christmas lights down
- Make a list of thank you notes for the boys to write, & ensure it gets done
- Pumpkin puree - I used to make a pumpkin, banana, chocolate chip bread. I gave one as a gift, and kept one for us
- 3 frozen bananas - used in the bread mentioned above
- cranberries - hoping to use today in muffins
- 6 old Popsicles - discovered, half melted at the bottom of the freezer. tossed.
Menu plan for the week:
- Friday - homemade pizza
- Saturday - tacos
- Sunday - leftover pizza
- Monday - spaghetti & meatballs
- Tuesday - the boys will likely eat out (with a gift card)
- Wednesday - leftover spaghetti & meatballs
- Thursday - cheeseburgers
- Friday - maybe homemade pizza again, as I'll just be coming home from Tokyo
That's it for me. What's on your to do list this weekend? And, any freezer items you are trying to use up?