We have a somewhat flexible menu plan each week, but I always know I have ingredients at least for the items on the menu plan, and this gives me a good reminder of what to defrost each week.
- Friday - Nick made a 2 serving spicy pork, rice & beans dish. It was delicious, but the 2 serving size is always a challenge. (He prefers to cook the 2 person sizes, as it's easy for him while he's learning to cook. Ironically, he rarely eats what he makes.) Since I'm the last one to the table, Sam & M got the fancy dinner, and I ate random things out of the fridge - half a bun, tomato soup & some leftover carnitas sprinkled with cheese.
- Saturday - we had delivery pizza (rare treat for us) & wings (made at home), along with salad & cupcakes for Halloween
- Sunday - I'm not fooled again by the 2 serving dinner plans, so Nick made chicken poblano fajitas, and I made a large batch of chicken curry with rice
- Monday - Nick's making a chicken pasta dish, I'll likely have curry & rice
- Tuesday - leftover curry & rice
- Wednesday - probably grilled chicken (freezer) over salads, with roasted broccoli
- Thursday - grilled spicy chicken over salads
- Friday - probably burgers & wings
What about you? What's on your menu plan for the week? Any recipes to share?