The temperature has dropped here about 25 degrees, and we've had a bit of rain! Very exciting, given the long drought. I'm thrilled it's the weekend, and would like today to be a combination of productive & relaxing. Let's see if we can make that happen.
Here's what's on the list:
- Menu plan
- Grocery shopping
- Work out
- Boys soccer
- Check out winery (we have a reservation for a COVID friendly, outdoor option). Now that the weather is supposed to be chilly, this could be a bit more of a challenge. But, we will bundle up.
- Practice crocheting for my holiday craft
And, for the menu plan this week, I'm thinking of:
- Friday - Nick made a sausage, pepper pasta dish
- Saturday - Big Mac sloppy joes (no buns)
- Sunday - Harvest chicken skillet
- Monday - Nick is making beef sesame tacos
- Tuesday - leftover sloppy joes
- Wednesday - leftover chicken skillet
- Thursday - any leftovers, or ravioli & chicken
- Friday - TBD
After my really big workout week last week, I've been eating plenty & the election chaos drove me to a bit of comfort eating as well. So, I also need to clean up my eating & calorie consumption. Oh, & if you are looking for an amazing pumpkin chocolate chip bread, this is over the top crazy good.
What about you? What are you up to today? What's on your menu for the week?
I love how much Nick is preparing your meals. I definitely need my daughter to do more cooking once she’s home. Since I’m home bound waiting for results plus not feeling 100%, I’m getting this and that done around the house.ReplyDelete
Fingers crossed for a quick recovery, regardless of what you have & that your daughter is able to help with the cooking.Delete
The only downside is the mess in the kitchen afterward ;-)
I get the comfort eating. I need to do some serious comfort fasting now!ReplyDelete
I may have to make that chocolate chip pumpkin bread as I have all the items on hand and it sounds delicious.ReplyDelete
It was so good! If you like pumpkin chocolate chip bread, I think it will be just the ticket.Delete