Another month in 2020 is gone, and we are now into November! I'm looking forward to seeing family & seeing the tail end of this year. A steps/walking/running competition was a driving force for me this month, reminding me to get outside & continue with my working out, even with all of the competing demands on my time. That's reflected in my personal best results for cardio in a month.
Here's how I did with my October goals:
- Stick to the budget & commit to a lower grocery budget (10% less) in October. - Yes! We have struggled with our grocery bill since COVID hit, but we were much closer to normal. In fact, we were over 30% lower!
- Pay down our mortgage to the next milestone - yes, achieved!
- No clothing/shoes purchases for me - done
- Make $750 in side hustle - I made $393, due to really slow eBay sales
- Work through freezer/pantry clean out (10 random items out) - I used up the last of the mozzarella sticks (from the Super Bowl!) & lasagna noodles. I don't know that I made a bunch of progress beyond that.
- Have will/guardianship appointments - yes, and now we just need to get the draft wills reviewed & signed
- Make time for socially distanced activities with the kids - we did lots of walks, watched movies, & drove around to see the lights/Halloween decorations
- Off the computer by 7:30 each evening - mostly, yes
- Have a weekly half hour alone with M, two creative dates - yes! We went to a socially distanced inner & lunch out
- Schedule a call with M's family - no
- Two hours of practicing a language - I practiced most days, so giving this a pass
- Compliment M every day - yes, work in progress
- Complete one project/day (taking advantage of WFH) - yes
- Lose 2 lbs - I lost 1 lb, but my legs are very, very toned at the moment!
- Work out every day - I ended the month with 47 workouts, thanks to plenty of days with double work outs
- Complete 1400 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 5 stretching workouts - 2,175 cardio minutes (personal best), & quite a few "mini" strength & stretching workouts, due to some daily challenges I'm doing with others
- Meditate 20 times - 16 times
- Run 15 times - 8, due to lots & lots of walking. I was also sore/tired/blistered for the last week, which interfered with the running
- Do something social at least 2x/month - yes, virtual happy hours & socially distanced walks/hikes with friends
- Volunteer - yes, I've done two projects helping kids with reading
- Journal 25 times - yes
- Improve myself (judge less, listen more often, reduce/eliminate swearing, one kind deed/day) - good progress across all of these, and giving up the news/social media the last few weeks has helped tremendously with my overall stress level, and the swearing ;-)
- Read one non-fiction book - 1/2 way through one, although I did plenty of reading this month & went more for mystery/thriller vs romance
So, that's how I will wrap up October! What about you? How did you do with your monthly goals? Any wins to celebrate?
You did so well with your October goals and especially on the exercise front. That's great as is lowering your grocery bill by 30%. Your lasagna post reminds me that I have some lasagna noodles to use up, so will probably be making vegetable lasagna again this week.ReplyDelete
I'm amazed you had mozzarella sticks left in your freezer with teenage boys! Lot;s of green-Kudos.ReplyDelete
It went by so fast I don't know? I did not get in much walking but had 12,000 or more on fit bit just moving people and doing what I normally do.ReplyDelete
I'm honestly kind of having a hard time remembering all of October. We've been keeping so busy and getting through things day by day. We did have a fun at home Halloween for JB so that was nice, and then we spent most of the rest of the weekend cleaning and organizing and running errands.ReplyDelete
We finally finished open enrollment, which was a big deal, and I organized a LOT of paperwork and cleared a lot of my office which was another big deal.
It all blurred together but we're intact at the end of it so there's that!
Awesome & Looks Excellent.ReplyDelete