November wasn't the most spectacular month, but things got done! I lost some of my mojo, particularly on the fitness front, after an epic October. I also got caught up in a week of stress & constant news reading, and then my parents were here for a visit. It wasn't my most productive month, but I had a few wins.
Here's how we did:
- Stick to the budget, commit to a lower grocery budget in November - yeah, no. My parents were with us for five days, and that really increased the grocery budget. And, M was in a "throw everything into the cart" mood a few times. I appreciate his shopping, particularly during the pandemic, so these are things I try to largely let slide.
- Pay down our mortgage to the next milestone - yes
- No clothing/shoes purchase for me - no. I bought myself a fabulous pair of warm & supportive slippers to wear in the house (no regrets) & I added in a few items that were on my "look for at a good price" list, to get to free shipping when I had to order Sam a couple of items. He's outgrown all of his pants. I needed a black long sleeve & short sleeve tshirt, & found both at a great price on Black Friday.
- Make $750 in side hustle - eBay sales were slow, and I made $583 in total in side hustle
- Work through freezer/pantry clean out - I donated a bunch of items we may not use (all unexpired, of course) & also used up a few things, but our freezer remains an area that needs focus.
- Finalize wills/trust - yes, done!
- Have fun family time with the boys - we've been watching a show together, worked on a puzzle, and Nick & I are learning to crochet/loom
- Off the computer by 7:30 each evening - yes, mostly accomplished
- Schedule a weekly call with M's family - we sent photos, but no calls
- Two hours of practicing Spanish or Farsi - yes
- Compliment M every day - yes
- Complete on project/day (taking advantage of WFH) - we got a lot done in our garage, and continue to work on small organizational projects here & there
- Lose 1 lb - sadly, no. I've gained two lbs, but most of that is due to the last few days of Thanksgiving festivities.
- Work out & track calories every day - yes to the working out, but I really fell apart on the calorie tracking. I need to make this a priority
- Complete 1400 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 5 stretching workouts - 1615, about 20 small strength workouts (so let's call it 10 full workouts) & 3 stretching workouts
- Meditate 20 times - 8
- Run 15 times - again, it was not a great month for running. I really struggled to motivate this month, & ran 7 times
- Do something social at least 2x/month - yes, I've been doing virtual happy hours, and met friends 5x for a socially distanced walk
- Volunteer - yes, I accepted a part-time (volunteer) job at a non-profit, & I'm really excited about it. It's about 5-10 hours/week, but flexible on timing & dependent upon my work schedule. It's a great fit with my current skill set, and in a space I'm very interested in (education)
- Journal 25 times - I journaled 16 times this month
- Improve myself (judge less, listen more often, reduce/eliminate swearing, one kind deed/day) - I'd say I try to keep this top of mind. I'm nowhere close to where I'd like to be (progress, not perfection though), & make an effort at this, particularly on the kind deeds.
- Read one non-fiction book - no progress here
What about you? How did you do with your November goals? Any wins to report?
I stayed alive... there is that... lol. Spent too much after Zera hurricane tree disaster and lingering repairs, . I ate way too much, worked too much, and did not exercise enough. In other words... typical month. Cindy in the SouthReplyDelete