I'm looking back at how I did across all of my goals for 2020. Overall, it was a positive year for my health & fitness, for which I'm very grateful. COVID, WFH, fewer kids activities & no international travel means that I was able to be much more consistent with my workouts than I've ever been before. Ever. So, here's how that all went. (Full list of all of my 2020 goals.)
Working out truly helped me stay happy & healthy during a very challenging year. I feel so grateful that I have the energy to work out & leverage that to tackle life, even when things are difficult. I worked out 404 times in 2020 (many days with double workouts).
- Lose 15 lbs. - I lost 9.7 lbs, which I feel really good about. I didn't do myself any favors over the holidays, and lost a bit of ground, but a few days of clean eating should take care of this.
- Run 100 times, and a half marathon under 2:25. - Well, there are no half marathons on the horizon, and distance running wasn't really my jam in 2020. But, I did run 102 times in 2020!
- Track calories, average 1400 calories/day. - I did well tracking my calories, less well on the 1400/day. I don't think that's a reasonable target given my activity level & will likely bump this to 1550 in 2021. If I can hit this target, I can slowly & steadily continue to lose the last 10 lbs or so.
- Complete 12,000 minutes of cardio, 100 strength & 50 stretching workouts - 16,565 cardio minutes, 48 strength & 38 stretching workouts. I was all cardio & need more balance in 2021.
- Meditate 100 times - I meditated 110 times, and this was critical for my mental health & well being in 2020.