I love the idea of setting goals, & like the categories I've settled on in previous years. A few things are carryovers from 2020, which is fine given the unpredictability of the year.
Here's what I have planned for my 2021 goals:
- Stick to our budget
- Pay down our mortgage to the half way point. We would have achieved this last year, but decided to invest in remodeling projects, while we were home as needed for the contractors.
- Spend $250 or less on clothing for myself (note: does not including running shoes)
- Take my parents to Maui for my dad's belated 70th birthday & in lieu of a 50th wedding anniversary for my parents. It will be a big splurge, which we are fine with, but want to save appropriately & spend wisely just the same.
- Consider remodeling our bedroom area, leveraging WFH flexibility as needed to spend time at the beach house during some of the core disruption. Build a budget, prioritize, etc.
- Increase charitable giving by adding a "$1K kind deeds fund". We have the majority of our charitable donations handled automatically through payroll deduction, but I really enjoyed having a flexible budget to spend throughout the year on fun/kind deeds for others.
- Plan one fun activity/month with the kids
- Off the computer (minus reading) by 7:30 each evening
- Have two dates with M per month, make time for the dates & regular time together, even during COVID
- Schedule quarterly calls with M's family & fill in with videos monthly
- Lose 10 lbs
- Run 100 times
- Track calories, eat a balanced diet
- Complete 15,000 minutes of cardio, 100 strength & 50 stretching workouts
- Meditate 100 times
- Deal with food allergy/stomach issues. Due to COVID, I've put this off but really need to get in for some appointments & understand what's making me so miserable.
- Practice Farsi & Spanish
- Do something social with friends at least once/month
- Invest time in my volunteer job
- Write & journal regularly
- Improve myself (judge less, listen more, stop swearing)
- Get crafty
- Make kind deeds a regular part of my daily life