Tuesday, June 1, 2021

May Goals Recap

 May was as stressful as predicted. In very positive news, we were able to get the boys their first vaccine appointments, which was the highlight by far. We also got a full price offer on our vacation house, although the transaction has been...challenging. I won't go into more details for now, but it's been very stressful. The end of the school year has, likewise, been quite challenging. I'll be incredibly happy when the school year is complete, and we can move on to summer break!

Here's how I did with my goals this month:

Financial:

  • Sell our vacation house - we're in the inspection phase, and it's not without complications, but we're still hoping to work things out. 
  • Handle incoming stock vest, saving some for Hawaii trip & putting the rest on our mortgage - Done
  • Stick to the budget - we were under overall, but slightly over on dining out & groceries.
  • Make $400 in side hustle - I made $263. I had quite a few sales this month, but they were all small. 
Family:
  • Make time for lunch with M one day/week, when the kids are at school - it was a crazy month, but we managed once.
  • Have a last hurrah with my mom & sister at the beach house - done, and lots of fun was had.
  • Help Sam finish the year out as strongly as possible - definitely still a "work in progress"
  • Sort out soccer club tryouts - club tryouts complete
Fitness/Health:
  • Lose 3 lbs - I lost 2 lbs
  • Run 3x/week - I averaged closer to 2x/week
  • Do not gain weight over mom/sister trip - done
Personal:
  • Review all eBay items. Lower prices, donate, keep things moving - done
  • Finish Decluttr order, and get junk out of my closet - done
  • Go through clothes I brought back from the vacation house. Figure out what to give away, sell, or keep - mostly done. 
What about you? How did you do with your May goals?

6 comments:

  1. Good job, you!
    My May goals were swallowed by Mom's house. There is always June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well May went by so fast, I don't know? But I did manage to get the car paid off and some money back in savings so I am thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work on paying off the car! That's a huge win.

      Delete
  3. I did manage to finish my temperature blankets, and hem two pairs of pants and a shirt for my friends father. The rest are being carried over to this month. Hopefully more will be accomplished. I blame planting for falling behind.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardening most certainly takes a lot of time, so that makes sense. I love those temperature blankets. How nice that you were able to make some!

      Delete