Thursday, June 3, 2021

Grateful, part 2

Getting a second vaccine for the boys was a lot of work, due to reasons. They had finals during their original appointment, & it was really a challenge to get them rescheduled. We also had two places allow us to book, and then cancel. CVS actually cancelled yesterday (the day of the appointment). In the end, it worked out really well. I was able to book same day appointments yesterday evening, at the Rite Aid right down the street from my house. Afterward, we celebrated with Thrifty ice cream cones. 

Sam also made progress with both of his low grades, and things are looking much better. It's been quite a challenging year for him, so this is a huge relief for everyone. And, today is the last day of school. It can't come soon enough. 9th grade was very much an adjustment, particularly with a hybrid remote/in person schedule, and a learning disorder. We made it through, though, and most of my sanity remains. ;-)

I'm so very, very grateful that the second dose of the vaccine is behind all of us, and we are all protecting ourselves & our communities. In other fantastic news, it sounds like Maui is going to drop the on arrival COVID test. (You still have to have one 72 hours before you leave), as so few people were found to have COVID upon arrival, but not during the 72 hour test. This is great news, and will make the logistics of our trip that much easier.

Happy Thursday, everyone! What are you thankful for today? As a bonus, I'm also thankful that I've discovered another neighbor who loves zucchini. We have so much, and it's so wonderful to find other people to share with, who enjoy it. 

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the second round of vaccine for the guys!
    I planted less zucchini this year so hopefully we will not be bombarded with it! One of TheHub's co-workers but be overrun with yellow squash because he is already bring home bags of it that she is dumping on him. I had to tell him to politely refuse next time since ours is starting to produce__rapidly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this! How does yellow squash compare with zucchini from a production stand point? Are they comparable?

      Delete
    2. I think the zucchini is the production winner, but yellow squash is not far behind.

      Delete
    3. I really like yellow squash, so may have to create some space for it next year. Yum!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on having everyone fully vaccinated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for running water, shelter and clothes this morning after reading Cheryl's blog post. I'm also grateful for the vaccine, so thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went & took a look. Absolutely, it's so easy to forget that not everyone has/had the basics, and to just appreciate the core aspects of our lives.

      Delete
  4. SO happy you got the boys second jabs. Just having the family fulling vaccinated its a great thing. I am grateful for my work.I am grateful that I work from home at my own speed, which is sometimes too much, but i still call the shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the flex of my current work from home situation, so I can relate. Going back to the office is going to be a struggle for me. I love the semi-freedom of designing my own schedule

      Delete
  5. So happy that your son has his first shot coming up! That's great news. It's wonderful that everyone should be vaccinated by September. What a big milestone & progress.

    The struggle was real, with the adjustment to high school. I DO NOT recommend it. My other son will start high school in the fall, but he will have the in person experience, and also doesn't struggle with any learning issues. Sadly, I'm way more prepared this time around, & wish I could rewind & apply all of those learnings to Sam's 9th grade year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for having the entire family vaccinated totally.

    High school is a major adjustment at the best of times, I can only imagine how hard this has been on students over the past year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's such an exciting milestone for our family! And, agree on high school. What an adjustment for all of us. It's been really hard on some of the students. I'm hoping next year will be easier.

      Delete