Saturday, March 5, 2022

Saturday Happenings

I'm grateful for the weekend, after a long & challenging work week. Logistics were also very complicated this week for teen activities. Luckily, club soccer hasn't begun games yet, so there are no soccer games this weekend. Hurrah! 

Here's what's on the agenda for today:

  • Work out
  • Make a menu
  • Shopping list
  • Costco
  • Produce stand
  • Have the boys review their grades & assignments
  • Laundry
  • Pack for a trip (long weekend girls trip next week)
  • Plan the schedule for the week ahead
  • Arrange carpools
  • Make M's schedule for when I'm gone 
  • Go out to dinner with M (date night!)
  • Remind lazy teens to do their chores/activities
That's it from my side. What are you up to today? I need to go look up menu options. I'm thinking something with ground beef, as we've had a lot of chicken lately. Any suggestions? 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds terrible, but I could use a weekend with girlfriends, no schedule after having a week with my daughters. I've learned they can be good friends or oil and water as they couldn't be more opposite. Having a weekend reprieve from soccer has to be a help to your busy day. I'm not working off a list, but getting things done, happy to be home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly, I'm planning a trip with my mom & sister. Individually, I get along incredibly well with both. My sister is my BFF, and we travel well together. My mom & I get along very well also, and travel well together (in reasonably small doses). However, my mom & sister.... they are a much more challenging match.

      We're planning a Hawaii trip for my mom's 70th in June, so fingers crossed that goes smoothly.

      Welcome home, & hope you have a relaxing weekend!

      Delete
  2. Going to a belated going away party tonight. Today, I need to start my meal prep, some light housework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made hamburgers, and Lasagna this week with ground beef. Last week, spaghetti, and the week before I made “hamburger “stuff” which is just hamburger meat and onions cooked in skillet, add cooked rice, and lots of shredded cheese. The kids loved it growing up and I still make it. I have also made chili with hamburger meat. Cindy in the South.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided on meat loaf stuffed bell peppers, which are yummy. Your "hamburger stuff" sounds good as well!

      Delete
  4. Staying home and watching the snow fall. It is March in Saskatchewan and anything can happen. I am just glad that I have the choice to stay in and not have to drive anywhere.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete