Sunday, March 27, 2022

Weekend happenings

 Yesterday was a good but full day of lots of activities.

  • Nick & Sam both reffed games, & needed a ride. One day soon, hopefully Sam will pass the next level of reffing tests, and they can ref together, which will be a huge win for mom.
  • Sam had a club game. I walked in the sunshine during warmups.
  • M made grilled chicken
  • We played a game of family tennis & then grabbed boba tea together after. I skipped the boba, as it's not my thing. I needed to pick up a gift card (all of Sam's friends appear to be having their 16th birthday within weeks of each other), so it worked out. 
  • I did the inevitable laundry
Today looks similar, with a few twists:
  • Nick is reffing another game
  • I'm hoping for an 8 mile hike in the sunshine
  • I'm making chicken yakisoba for dinner
  • Sam has an interview for a summer camp job
  • I'm taking Sam to a birthday party
  • Nick has tennis lessons
  • Laundry
  • Sort out tennis tournament registration
  • Optimistically: list an item on eBay
  • Motivate lazy teens to complete chores/homework
That's it from our side. What about you? What are you up to this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Surviving...life threw some curveballs this weekend (not for me specifically, but experiencing a lot of emotional weight vicariously)...and I'm just aiming to get through today and then the next until things feel a bit less jumbled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been enjoying boba tea too. I’ve tried the Strawberry Lemonade and Green Matcha, which was very earthy. 😂

    Grilled Chicken sounds good. I need to make that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not grasped the boba thing either but my kids love it. The family tennis game sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete