Monday, March 7, 2022

Menu Plan Monday

While I want to lay on the couch & order takeout, that's a terrible decision for a number of reasons. Instead, we'll keep menu planning & cooking. 

  • Friday - we had chicken wings & gyozas, finally finishing the last package of gyozas we were gifted by a friend
  • Saturday - M & I went out to dinner, the teens fed themselves some sort of borderline unhealthy teen food.
  • Sunday - bell pepper meat loaves
  • Monday - chicken fajitas. Meat prepped & in the freezer, uses the rest of the peppers from the meat loaf recipe
  • Tuesday - meat loaf leftovers
  • Wednesday - fajita leftovers
  • Thursday - I'll be out of town, and M needs to juggle a tennis match & soccer practice. I'm guessing this will be frozen pizza
  • Friday - TBD, as I'm out of town. M is an excellent cook (just prefers not to cook unless asked ;-)), so the boys are in excellent hands
What about you? What's on your menu this week?


15 comments:

  1. The bell pepper meatloaf looks delicious. I am going to have to try that!
    Have a good week with safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally had a weekend where I was excited to be back in my kitchen. I need to keep that mindset, but I have a sisters with a b-day coming up so that will mean lunch out or a happy hour! I had taco Tuesday on the menu, per husband, but I think he might really like fajitas one night instead. But, I have no peppers and don't want to do another store run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prep & marinate the fajita meat & then freeze. It makes it really easy to then defrost & add some peppers & heat. Yum!

      Delete
  3. But just getting to lie on the couch and think about it is better than not lieing on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do adore lying on the couch, regardless! I could definitely be a woman of leisure, if allowed. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Will probably cook corned beef, potatoes, and cabbage in crockpot for an early St. Patrick’s day dinner on Friday. Other than that probably baked chicken on the weekend. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, kind of like mini stuffed peppers which we love.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Borderline unhealthy teen food, LOL, I like that term. 😂

    I have meatloaf on our menu coming soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very true! They have quite a different palate than we do.

      Delete
  7. Tommy loves meatloaf in bell peppers. I do chop bell pepper into our meat loaf. Both of us think chopped bell pepper is a very necessary ingredient in meat loaf. Try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like peppers in meat loaf - it's delicious!

      Delete
  8. I roasted a chicken today. That will provide quiet a few meals. I have leeks and celery roots for vegetables this week. I am going to cook the celery roots with potatoes and carrots like mom used to make. You can have that cold or hot. I am also planning to make chicken soup. It is still very cold over here although the snow has almost melted.

    ReplyDelete