Thursday, May 5, 2022

April Goals Recap

 April whizzed by, and it's time to check in on my progress against goals. I'd describe this as a month where I was mostly getting by. A few things did come together, but largely that's through good habits I already have in place. Anything beyond that mostly didn't happen. Here goes!

Financial 

  • Stick to our budget - dining out was high (I took my mom out 2x as a thank you + early Mother's Day). Groceries were lower than expected, as we had our Costco rebate. 
  • Pay our taxes - done!
  • Talk to our accountant about a DAF & adjustments for the year - nope
  • Come up with long term budget/FIRE Plan - nope
  • Progress towards $1500 side hustle goal, gift card goal, & Fetch/iBotta goals - I sold a few things on eBay, redeemed a couple of gift cards, & earned $5 via Fetch. Tiny little wins, but progress. 


Family:

  • Plan one fun activity with the kids - we played tennis, I took the boys to dinner with my mom, we had an Easter egg hunt with my family, we went mini golfing, & the boys had lots of spring break fun with my parents. 
  • Support the kids with various planning items (permit, job applications, tutoring) - Yes! Permit acquired, job application was successful, & tutoring is on track. 
  • Have two dates with M - we managed one. M broke his ankle, so he's been reluctant to get out much. 
  • Call with M's family - no, although we've been sending lots of photos. One of the reason we are all heading to the family wedding this weekend is on behalf of my mother in law, who can't be there. 
  • Enjoy spring break/Easter with my parents - done, and it was great!
  • Finalize summer plans - not in April, but I have a positive May update. 
Fitness/Health
  • Stay on track with my healthy eating routine - I did well for the first half of the month, & with visitors & back to the office, & non-stop meals out, the wheels fell off the bus a bit. 
  • Close rings daily - Yes!
  • Lose 2 lbs - I maintained this month
  • Meditate 5x - nope. I think I meditated 2x. 
Personal/Creative
  • Adjust to return to office. Build new routines/habits that work with our schedule - I've worked out every day, including those days I'm in the office. We're still working on the boys getting up on their own those days. There have been some real scrambles!
  • Do something social with friends - went on a hike, & a walk
  • Invest time in my volunteering job - Yes, but not as much as I'd like. 
  • Continue working on post-work plan & options - I don't have much of an update here, but it's something I regularly think about.  
  • Journal 10x. - 1x. I just haven't been particularly motivated on this one. 
That's it from my side! What about you? How did you do with your April goals? Any wins to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment