Saturday, May 7, 2022

May Goals

 May represents another very busy month for us. We are working to get re-adjusted to high school life, now that most COVID restrictions are lifted. The boys are *very* active, & it keeps us on our toes. One day soon, we will have drivers, but for now, we're in that spot of tons of activities, and all driving falling to us. 

It's also the month where I return to international work travel. Here goes!

Here are my goals for the month. 

Financial 

  • Stick to our budget - 
  • Talk to our accountant about a DAF & adjustments for the year 
  • Come up with long term budget/FIRE Plan. I need to update this based on some comp adjustments our company announced. 
  • Progress towards $1500 side hustle goal, gift card goal, & Fetch/iBotta goals 

Family:

  • Plan one fun activity with the kids 
  • Support the kids with various planning items (driving practice, tutoring, ref jobs, summer job forms, etc)
  • Have two dates with M 
  • Lots of photos for M's family (at the wedding for his cousin this month) 
  • Finalize summer plans
  • Book all summer travel
Fitness/Health
  • Stay on track with my healthy eating routine 
  • Come up with international travel healthy plan. Also, avoid getting COVID in London, so I can re-enter the US as planned. 
  • Close rings daily -
  • Lose 4 lbs -
  • Meditate 5x 
Personal/Creative
  • Use return London trip to renew my global entry
  • Take advantage of office perks, making it feel like an appealing change in my routine
  • Do something social with friends - 
  • Volunteer commitment for girls in tech org
  • Continue working on post-work plan & options 
  • Some sort of personal writing (fiction or journaling)
What about you? Any wins to share? 

4 comments:

  1. Great goals! As for me, I just want to keep working this month, keep walking every day as much as possible. and not eat out. I only got takeout once in April and I think that was the first time this year. No sit down dinners either in a restaurant. I do get deli food at the grocery store. I did purchase a plane ticket to go see family. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a busy active time of your life with teenagers, and blink your eyes it will be done. So enjoy every moment, even when it is stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I both loved and hated the kids getting their license. I enjoyed the freedom from taking them everywhere, but the time spent in the car with them was good discussion time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also hope you come home Covid free from London, so you can renter the US. I also hope you have a lovely Mother’s Day!

    ReplyDelete