These weeks are a bit different, with mini trips & the kids out of town. But, we're still looking for wins where we can find them.
Saving on things we buy
- I don't know which category this fits in, but we stayed at a hotel on Father's Day, for a mini getaway. The hotel has a "resort fee", which included a lot of fun activities. I took advantage of three fitness classes, and enjoyed them quite a bit. In my area, fitness classes run between $15-25, so three of them was a chunk of value I didn't want to miss. The classes at resorts are often so different than how I'd work out, and I always learn something new. They also made me the good kind of sore, which I appreciate.
- No real "earning" of money, but I did remember to promptly file an expense report, so I would get reimbursed
- I made Nick chicken between tennis camp & the airport (he ate in the car), as he hadn't had lunch & was starving. He still ate dinner a few hours later, but this avoided some snack purchases, and was healthier than other options.
- M was able to get a gate pass with the kids, without paying extra. I don't know if the policy is different by airport, or what. We were prepared to pay, as my sister mentioned that she's always had to when dropping off her kids.
- M & I skipped breakfast at the resort. I don't like to eat before working out, and he prefers to fast a bit here & there. Instead, we met up for lunch after we both worked out & showered, and shared a salad & sandwich. Perfect, & delicious.
- Picked up a large new container of almonds from a neighbor on Buy Nothing
Eating what we have
- Used lettuce & peppers from the garden in our salad
- I forgot to pick up corn to go with our barbecued chicken, so I picked tomatoes & basil from the garden, and mixed them with olive oil, balsamic, salt & pepper. They would have been better with some fresh mozzarella, but were pretty great on their own, as well!
- Used our first spaghetti squash! Roasted it, shredded it, and served it under a yummy Tomato Chicken Basil recipe. I added fresh tomatoes & basil from the garden on top.
- Gave away huge amounts of M's outgrown clothes (he lost weight a year or so ago, and on his frame, 20+ lbs makes a huge difference.)
- Shared garden produce with neighbors
What about you? Any wins to share?