Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Goals for June

June promises to be a fun month, with a lot going on! My sister & I are taking my mom to Hawaii, Nick is doing a few summer camps (including a residential tennis camp at a college), Sam starts his job, & M & I have a few weekend getaways planned. 

Here are my goals for the month!

Financial 

  • Stick to our budget 

  • Have a great time in Hawaii, while sticking to a reasonable budget

  • Finalize long term budget/FIRE Plan. I need to update this based on some comp adjustments our company announced. 

  • Progress towards $1500 side hustle goal, gift card goal, & Fetch/iBotta goals 

  • Either list or donate all remaining eBay inventory

Family:

  • Plan one fun activity with the kids 

  • Manage summer schedule effectively (jobs, summer camps, etc)

  • Have two dates with M 

  • Plan a call with M’s family

Fitness/Health

  • Decide on some updates to my eating habits. I’d like to potentially move away from calorie counting, and go with something a bit easier to manage. While still eating well & dropping a few pounds. 

  • Close rings daily 

  • Lose 4 lbs 

  • Sign up for new fitness classes

  • 4 strength & 4 stretching workouts

  • Meditate 5x 

Personal/Creative

  • Do something social with friends

  • Finish volunteer commitment for girls in tech org 

  • Some sort of personal writing (fiction or journaling)

  • Continue working on post-work plan & options  (advisory role?)

What about you? What are your goals for June?

10 comments:

  1. I need a June overall list. I'm just all over the place personally and at work so could use focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a good reminder & guidance for me, even if sometimes I'm quite hit or miss with what I accomplish!

      Delete
  2. I have not even thought of June yet I have been on such a rip. So thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to spend a few minutes at least thinking of waht I'm going to accomplish - it's a helpful reminder for me as well. That's why I keep posting my monthly goals, to keep myself on track!

      Delete
  3. I love your goals. Clear and concise. I tend to just wing it, as too much structure stresses me out. I hope you have a great time in Hawaii!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are really looking forward to it.

      Delete
  4. I have my project list done, and an extra cleaning list done (not really extra just those cleaning chores that only get done once a month with a few bigger things added in).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good work on the project lists! I've tried a system like that before, and it worked well for me. Maybe I should go back to it for a bit.

      Delete
  5. We will be with our two granddaughters, plus their mama and papa (our DD) for the entire month. In Germany! So lots of sidetrips to fun places in our future.

    While there, I plan to do Spanish via Duolinga daily, learn ukulele (my oldest GD has one, and run at least three x weekly, walking or hiking the other days.

    - Tamara R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy for you! That's so wonderful that you will get to be with your DD, your granddaughters & your son in law. I have a guess about who you might be most excited to see. ;-) It's hard to compete with the kiddos!

      Ooh, I just got gifted a subscription to Master Class, and was hoping they have guitar lessons. My dad loves to play both the ukulele & the guitar. I also need to decide if I'm doing a half marathon in October. I'd be starting from a base of zero miles, so need to decide if I can squeeze it in!

      Have a fabulous trip.

      Delete