Wednesday, October 3, 2012

September goal wrap up & setting goals for October

Last month went by way too quickly!

Here are my September goals. How did I do?


  1. Lose 4 pounds. I started 2012 at 150, and I'm currently at 143.5. I'd like to break into the 130s! - Yikes. I gained on our Las Vegas trip, & I'm still trying to stabilize my weight. I'm at 144.8 right now.
  2. Track all of my food & exercise in My Fitness Pal. - Yes, with the exception of when we were on vacation. I'll give myself a pass. ;-)
  3. Complete 1,000 minutes of cardio, & complete 5 each of strength & stretching workouts. - This month was my lowest cardio total this year. Too much work, not enough time. I'm getting up at 5:00 am to correct this. I completed 765 cardio minutes, 5 strength, & 3 stretching.
  4. Spend $0 on clothing/makeup for myself. I may need new running shoes, but that remains TBD. - I allowed for a few splurges when I got my bonus, & bought myself less than $100 worth of clothes. I'm okay with this.
  5. Pay off our credit card bill. We have a small balance that we've been carrying over, but my September bonus will clear this. - Done!
  6. Buy the boys 5 tuition credits each. - Done!
  7. Pay $3000 off on the principal of our 2nd mortgage. - We crushed this by paying just over $10,000 extra.
  8. Consult with a resume service. Did I mention that I'm looking for a new job, after 15 years with the same company? :-) - Yes! I now have a revised resume.
  9. Investigate job market in Portland. Oh, and a potential relocation? :-) - I've made progress by researching jobs, and sending out my resume to a few places.
  10. Have one date night with M. - Done!
  11. Stick to budget for my mom's birthday trip. My sister & I are taking her to Las Vegas for her 60th. My budget is $2000. (Disclaimer - That's what remains - I've already purchased flights, etc). - We spent closer to $4000, but I offset this by my gambling winnings.
  12. Clean all of the closets in our house. They are a wreck! - What was I thinking - every closet in the house? I did 4, & feel like a hero. :-)
  13. Bonus goal - meal plan every week in September. - Done! It made my life so much easier during the week.
Overall, I'm pleased. Clearly, my fitness suffered this month, but I have a plan in place to address this going forward. I'm so much more pleasant & sane when I get my workouts in. Running helps me manage my stress, so it's critical that I make time for it.

I haven't given too much thought to October, but there's no time like the present. :-)

  1. Lose 3 lbs. I'm currently at 144.8, so I'd like to close down the month at 141.8
  2. Continue to track all of my eating in My Fitness Pal.
  3. Avoid snacks at work. One of my coworkers has about 20-25 bowls of candy, nuts, bars, & treats out every day. I realized I was spending a ton of my calories on those candies, & I've decided to avoid the work snacks until January. I'm hoping that helps me break the habit entirely.
  4. Complete 1000 minutes of cardio, 6 strength, & 6 stretching (pilates or yoga) workouts.
  5. Save $1500 for Christmas.
  6. Stick to our monthly budget for October.
  7. Continue my job search, & send my resume out to 3 positions, and do at least 3 informationals.
  8. Have one date night with M.
  9. Clean my closet + our coat closet.
  10. Research the Portland/Vancouver real estate market.
  11. Meal plan every week in October.
  12. Plan our holiday/vacation plans & ensure that we have child care when school is out.

Phew. I'm tired just looking at all of that. Better get started! :-) How about you? What's on your goal list for October?

3 comments:

  1. Hey you did pretty good! :) Good luck this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of green there. Good luck with the exercise. I also get up around 5 to work out. Hard, but it's over before you even really wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Kim Parr took the words right out of my mouth-that's a lot of green! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete