Thursday, October 4, 2012

The crazy continues

M is traveling most of this week & next, which makes life interesting for sure.

However, in positive news, I've worked out 4 out of the last 5 days (today was my rest day, & did I ever need it!) & I signed up to do a charity 5K at work on Friday with a friend. I need to get in my pilates workout tonight after my small crew is asleep, as the core work really helps my back pain.

I also sent four resumes out to internal groups at my company, & heard back from three of the hiring managers asking for meetings. Additionally, I sent my resume to two external companies. I'm so happy that I'm making progress! I've worked at the same company for 15 years, so these are big steps for me to break out of my comfort zone. :-) One of the roles (of course, the least interesting of all of them) may allow for a completely remote work schedule (aka working in my jammies at home) & a very flexible overall schedule. That would change our life entirely, especially if M takes a promotion in January that will require more travel. *fingers crossed*

With M out of town this weekend, it's important for me to have an action plan, so everything gets done, AND we have fun.

Still formulating a plan, but there will be - running, a bouncy house party at our gym, two soccer games, swimming practice, & maybe some closet clean ups & baking.

How is your week going? We're also preparing for Halloween, so I'll leave you with this picture from last year. And yes, my son's costume was way too small (hand me down). ;-) We did upgrade him to a larger costume, but kids love Spiderman!

No comments:

Post a Comment