Friday, September 2, 2016

Goals for September

I'm trying to take advantage of the long weekend to get ready for September! I have a 12 day business trip scheduled for this month, so I need to plan accordingly.

Finances:

  • Stick to our budget
  • Save $2,500, in addition to our stock vests. 
  • Put $100/each in the boys college funds

Family:
  • Have one date night with M
  • Donate, sell or toss 50 items in the house.
  • Clean the garage!
  • Plan one family fun night, potentially a movie, popcorn, game night.
  • Try a new recipe that everyone (including my little guy) will eat. 


Fitness:
  • Lose 2 pounds. 
  • Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables 
  • Complete 5 stretching workouts (yoga or pilates)
  • Complete 7 strength workouts
  • Complete 900 minutes of cardio. It's a big month with my adventure relay 
  • Average 1350 calories/day
  • Stay on track during my epic business trip

Work/Career:
  • Maximum of one late night/week
  • Work from home at least one Friday this month

Personal/Creative:
  • Read four books
  • Get together with one friend

I'm concerned about my progress, given my long trip, but need to stay focused. What about you? What do you have teed up to accomplish in September? 

2 comments:

  1. That does make it difficult to stay on budget being away for so long. We had an expensive eating out month in August, went over on groceries and had an expensive electricity bill. I hope to lower all of those and to sock away more money for Christmas and our medical fund plus sell off more items for our weekend away in October. Life is busy here - I know you know exactly all about that as yours seems even busier than ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twelve days-so long, but planning ahead (I'm all about trying to plan-succeed or fail) should be helpful. IS it getting cool yet that you can have lots of soup and bread stocked up? Maybe I remember reading that you are the only soup liker in your family though? Well, best of luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete