Monday, September 5, 2016

Menu Plan Monday

Plus other Monday miscellany. I love a long weekend! The bonus day of getting everything done makes all of the difference.

Here's what's on the menu (as well as a look back). It's a crazy work week, so we're going to take more shortcuts than normal.

Saturday -- out to dinner for our date night
Sunday - at a friend's potluck. I brought lemon bread & pasta salad
Monday - grilled burgers + pasta salad & watermelon
Tuesday - Super late night for all of us. Probably out to dinner
Wednesday - Another late night, so probably "Asian" dinner, with a variety of Trader Joes options from the freezer
Thursday - Leftover burgers
Friday - Rice pilaf with sausage (pushed from last week)

Here's what's on my to do list for today:


  1. Figure out schedule for the week. It's going to be a late one for me, given no work on Monday. Because I deal with Asia, and they are offline by my Friday, I had to consolidate all of my standard meetings into three days. Toss in that it's our yearly performance review time, and it's going to be a CRAZY week.
  2. Build carpool schedule for the week.
  3. Email nanny with all schedule details.
  4. Build workout schedule for the week.
  5. Make hummus
  6. Make bread
  7. Go for a run
  8. Complete a strength workout
  9. Call my parents
  10. Finish up smoothie fruit. I bought $10 worth of fruit at the produce stand and flash froze most of it. I need to get the rest of it in the freezer. Much cheaper than buying previously frozen fruit. 
  11. Clean the freezer! Didn't get to it yesterday, and it's full, but I have no idea what's in there. I need to update my itemized list.
  12. Steam a sheet & list it on Ebay. (A Pottery Barn Kids sheet that's super cute & we never used, because my son will only sleep with a fitted sheet).
  13. Start working on schedule for my LONG business trip. :-(
  14. Carve out some time for reading my book, in the sunshine. 
That's it! Let's hope I can get it all done today. What about you? What's on the menu for the week? What are you hoping to accomplish? 

2 comments:

  1. I have two days worth of meals planned, does that count? Catch up on company accounting today, eat leftover roast tonight (but with buns so Baron of Beef), fish and rice with broccoli tomorrow thereby postponing a trip to the grocery store by one more day. You have inspired me to make a lemon loaf today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that counts & hope your lemon loaf was amazing! I did have one small slice at the party, but now I want to make another one just for me. . . kind of goes against my weight loss goals, however. ;-)

      Delete