Nick is out of town camping, and is by far our picky eater. It's always very hard to eat out with Nick, so Sam asked if we could go out to dinner to a restaurant of his choosing yesterday. Who can say no? ;-) We went out to Thai food - he loved the curry, satay, pad thai, etc. He was less of a fan of the eggplant, but I feel similarly.
My handsome date!
There were a few splurges yesterday,in addition to dinner out with our cutie. . . Three of my toenails are purple from my relay, so I got a pedicure yesterday & painted them a deep plum. It blends in perfectly. ;) I've been going without any polish on my toes, so it's quite a change. We also took Sam out to lunch yesterday (I ate at home for health reasons, as well as financial ones). And, I picked up new running socks at the Nike outlet.
But, I did sell $8 worth of kids books on my local FB group. Super easy & fast. I also paid cash for my pedicure, as you save 5% over using a credit card.
Today we have the following our list:
- Water the plants (x2, so hot!)
- Sam's 1st game
- Sam's 2nd game
- Nick getting dropped off after his camping trip
- Finish working out details of weekday/nanny/carpool schedule while I'm gone.
- Make dinner early (calzones with salad), so either M can heat them up while I'm at Sam's 2nd game, or I can do it while he's at the game.
- Pack lunches
- Laundry. Why is this such a never ending challenge?
- Produce stand
- Build calendar/schedule for the weekend I'm gone, for M
- Create a list of meal options for M while I'm gone
- Costco (moved over from yesterday)
- Call my parents :-)
- Read my book for at least 15 minutes outside. In the shade!
And, that's it! How about you? Anything fun happening in your world? Hope it's a relaxing & productive (can those two things go together? Maybe?) day.