Here are some of our frugal wins for the week.
- Found a nice 6 pack of IPA on clearance at the grocery store (perfect for my parents visit this summer)
- Packed a lunch for myself + Nick on Saturday, as we were out at soccer tryouts, followed by a game. The end of the season - hurrah!
- Bought 4 gift cards at our local grocery store ($150 worth of Uber, for trips to & from the airport this summer & $50 for the Gap, as we always need something) to generate $40 in free spending at the grocery store. I used the first $10 to stock up on pasta & buns for our homemade burgers.
- Saved $400 by asking my mom to drive us to the beach during our family vacation (otherwise, we'd need to rent a car for an extra week, and still have to go back & forth to Portland, as M is arriving later). I'll pay for my mom's gas, of course, but she's excited for the time with us at the beach.
- Sold $240 worth of patio furniture (came with the house) on my local Facebook group
- Used another grocery store coupon to buy 2 bags of couscous, 1 jar of ketchup, and 4 lbs of pasta for $.83
- Made all meals at home, except for one planned dinner out to celebrate the boys wrapping up school. This is a go to restaurant for us (very casual, salad bar type place) & they had a graduation offer going. We bought $100 gift card, earning a free meal pass for a future visit. Then used the gift card to pay for that night's meal.
- Bought popsicles to keep in the freezer on hot days, to avoid going out for ice cream.
That's it on my side. M is going to be home shortly, & I'm thrilled! He's been gone all week for work, and it's been chaos. I need to take Nick to the doctor this morning, wrap up a ton of work, and then looking forward to enjoying the weekend.
What about you? Any big frugal wins this week?
Sounds like you have a very successful week!ReplyDelete
I know the trip to the coast will be great!
Super excited about our family time. It's always really mellow & fun.Delete
Wow, HP-great maximization of funds and strategies to save funds. I want to find some good summer recipes with grains I normally don't cook with like cous cous, and quinoa. If youhave a good source, please share.ReplyDelete
This is one of our favorite recipes for quinoa - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zesty-quinoa-salad/Delete
We've made this couscous recipe before, & liked it. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/quick-parmesan-couscous