So, we have biked to town for a few essentials (milk, ice cream ;-)), but M will be here this evening & we will finally have access to a car. I'm reminded again of the importance of meal planning & getting the shopping list as complete as possible, as Costco is almost an hour away, and to call it the most reasonable place to buy groceries would be a huge understatement.
This morning, I'll form the shopping list, double check it against the menu, fridge & freezer inventory, & then check it again. We will likely make two Costco trips - one for our first few days, and then a second trip before we have guests.
Other than that, it's another mellow day. Here's what's on the agenda:
- Some sort of a workout
- Bike to town for milk & an onion for dinner, plus a cucumber if it's not an arm & a leg
- Go through the boys closets & remove anything they've outgrown
- Pickup the house
- Sweep the floors
- Lunch - I'm thinking of broccoli/cheddar soup (freezer) for me + the remainder of a baguette, and leftover hot dogs & pasta for the kids. With fruit & yogurt.
- Dinner - I'm planning to make a sausage risotto, and a salad
- Finalize first grocery list/meal plan
What about you? How close do you live to a major store? How often do you shop?