I got the recipe from Mavis's blog, & recommend it, particularly if you have anyone in your family who isn't a big frosting fan.
Other than that, we have a weekend of getting things done as a family before the chaos begins for the summer. I'm excited about all of our family plans, and the trips on the agenda. Including:
- The boys are going to Disneyland with my parents. M & I will be working, but enjoying several date nights while the boys are gone.
- I'm going to the beach with the boys. My mom will join me for a few days, then M will join up, my sister, nephews & my parents will join again for the 4th of July.
- I go straight to Tokyo once I get back from the beach (less excited, obviously, as this is a work trip).
- The day after I get back from Tokyo, my sister & friend are flying in. We'll spend the weekend by the pool, relaxing & having fun, & then we're heading to Sonoma. I won a couple of nights at a condo as part of our school auction.
- They had out, and then my friend & her daughters are coming to stay with us for a few days. The boys are thrilled, and rarely get to see my friend's kids. They all grew up together in Seattle, but the distance has meant a lot less time together. The boys are very excited to show them around the new house.
- And, my mom is flying in to pick up the boys & keep them at her house for a week, and M & I are going to Las Vegas for a weekend to belatedly celebrate his birthday.
Wow! A lot going on in July. :-) What about you? What are your summer plans? Anything fun on the horizon?
You have some serious summer plans, but what wonderful memories you will be making! After the kids are grown the only thing they will have remaining are those memories, so your time and money is well spent!ReplyDelete
We are really looking forward to it. The boys are on the edge of not wanting to spend as much time with family (and more with friends), so we're trying to soak it all in! :-)Delete
I knew you would get so much enjoyment from the pool-such a great way to entertain. Good for you planning thngs for yourself as well.ReplyDelete
I made a goal wayyyyy back (maybe 2010?) to make sure we balanced friends time, husband/wife time, and family time. We're not perfect, but we work on it & try to make sure there's time for everybody.Delete