Yet another crazy week of work & activities! We mostly stayed on course with our menu & kept the shopping to an absolute minimum. Overall, it was a pretty inexpensive week!
Here's the list of frugal wins for the week:
- Called about our Christmas flights. They were moved three hours later, and there are no better options to rebook. Accepted the rebook, but asked about compensation. Received 2500 miles (x4, for all of us) that we will use towards our mileage challenge in 2018!
- Received $1.97 in credit card rewards thanks to noticing a Subway cashback deal. I'd enrolled right before leaving for my relay, and bought lunch there during the event. Every dollar counts, in this case. ;-)
- Made dinner ever night this week, despite a lot of chaos with M traveling for work
- Didn't go to Costco this week, as we normally do. M is obsessed with having a full fridge. I took advantage of our stockpile in the fridge, and bought a few thing at the grocery store for $13. Total savings of ~$100. Woohoo! :-)
And, here's what we ate this week, as compared to the menu plan. We ate 3 of 4 planned meals, with tomato soup subbing for fried rice. We also mixed up the ordering, which is typical for us.
- Monday - Plan was Spaghetti & meatballs. We really ate another quick freezer meal, as M was out of town. We had the rest of the panko chicken, mini tacos, pizza bites & to health it up a bit. . . cucumbers & tomatoes from the garden. Plus fruit salad.
- Tuesday - Plan was beef tacos with build your own toppings: cheese, tomatoes, salsa, onion & this is what we ate
- Wednesday - Plan was eating down our "pool party" stash. Likely pizza rolls, mini tacos & some sort of protein. (Chicken, most likely). Instead we had tomato soup & grilled cheese sandwiches for two of us, with Nick eating a leftover taco.
- Thursday - Plan was fried rice, using any leftovers, + edamame. Instead, we ate the spaghetti & meatballs with fresh tomatoes from the garden & Parmesan cheese.
- Friday - Chicken risotto - still the plan
- Saturday - Grilled burgers & potatoes - still the plan
- Sunday - Kale & chicken salad + caprese - still the plan. I have a package of mozzarella cheese that I really need to use up.
What about you? Any big frugal wins for the week?