- Scored free lemons off of the "free" table at work. One of my coworkers has an amazing lemon tree that overproduces, and sometimes they share the bounty. We use lemon juice daily in salads, so this is always a nice treat.
- Arranged a carpool + biking option for Sam to get to his track meet. Saved time & the cost of traveling.
- Made dinner every night at home this week, despite some craziness between M being in the city all week, and soccer + track. The fridge is almost looking bare, which is my preferred way to enter Friday.
- Chatted with my manager about needing to fly back from a vacation to attend a mandatory training. She agreed that I can expense my trip. Savings of $250.
- Almost booked an elaborate vacation on a stressful day. Instead, agreed with M that we would book it if we could get the price to 1/2 the original estimate. We'd need to be super creative with using miles for flights, cheaper lodging, etc. It's a fun challenge, & saved a bunch of money to avoid booking on a whim.
That's it for us. How frugal was your week? Any wins?