Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April Goals Recap - How Did I Do?

April was a month without business travel (hurrah), but with one girls weekend. We had a fabulous time in Las Vegas. My parents also came to stay with the boys for spring break, which you'll see reflected in some of the numbers below. I also was sick for almost a week, which impacted my work out routine. Altogether, it was a good month, but definitely some areas for improvement in the months ahead. 

Financial:

  • Keep dining out to $150 - Nope, we were double this. Because my parents were in town, M took them out to dinner/dessert (I was on my girls trip), & M & I had a date night while my parents watched the boys. 
  • Stay within budget for girls trip. - Yes, done!
  • Make final decisions on house remodel. - We've agreed to do nothing, save for air conditioning. We'll continue to save & plan until we get a bit further & see what else we might want to do with the house. 
  • Come up with one way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - we bought solar outdoor lights, to replace our battery powered lights. 
  • Earn another $200 in sidehustle money. Split this between college money for the kids, & an extra payment on our vacation house mortgage. - Nope. I found $30 on the ground, but that was my only win. 
  • File taxes/pay. - Yes, done & done. 
Family:

  • Have one family evening together: cooking dinner, board games, etc - We did a family movie/popcorn night. 
  • Have a date night with my husband - Yes! Did this when my parents were in town. 
  • Continue financial help (knowledge, not money) with sister & friend - Yes, I did both this month.

Fitness/health:
  • Complete another full round of 21 Day Fix - I only finished 15/21, and can tell a difference. I missed a few workouts when I was sick, and just never got back around to them. 
  • Eat 5.5 servings a day of fruit & veggies - Nope, 4.3. 
  • Lose 4 pounds - I did lose 1/2 a pound. I had no idea this would be so slow! But, I'll definitely take any progress. 
  • Run at least 8 times - I had four runs in April. 
Work:
  • Work from home 3 days - Yes!
  • Take two classes that I need for a work opportunity - Nope, and I may not do them. I have another big opportunity to focus on instead, and did make progress on that front. So, considering that a win. 

Personal/creative:

  • Make one new recipe - Nope. 
  • Spend time with a friend - Yes, girls trip!
  • Volunteer at least 1x - Nope. 
  • Write for at least 4 hours on personal stuff - Not even close. Did pretty much nothing. 
  • Summarize my findings from completing my Dream Bio, and plan to turn at least one of those findings into action. - Not even close. Did pretty much nothing. 

So, there you have it, folks! For those of you who think that I get so much done every day/month. . . well, sometimes I do. But, more often I have months where I have some wins, and some fails. But, it's all good! May is going to be a good month! What about you? How did you do with your April goals? 

1 comment:

  1. Like you I had some wins and some fails. Life goes on and the to do's will reset!

    ReplyDelete