April was a month without business travel (hurrah), but with one girls weekend. We had a fabulous time in Las Vegas. My parents also came to stay with the boys for spring break, which you'll see reflected in some of the numbers below. I also was sick for almost a week, which impacted my work out routine. Altogether, it was a good month, but definitely some areas for improvement in the months ahead.
- Keep dining out to $150 - Nope, we were double this. Because my parents were in town, M took them out to dinner/dessert (I was on my girls trip), & M & I had a date night while my parents watched the boys.
- Stay within budget for girls trip. - Yes, done!
- Make final decisions on house remodel. - We've agreed to do nothing, save for air conditioning. We'll continue to save & plan until we get a bit further & see what else we might want to do with the house.
- Come up with one way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - we bought solar outdoor lights, to replace our battery powered lights.
- Earn another $200 in sidehustle money. Split this between college money for the kids, & an extra payment on our vacation house mortgage. - Nope. I found $30 on the ground, but that was my only win.
- File taxes/pay. - Yes, done & done.
- Have one family evening together: cooking dinner, board games, etc - We did a family movie/popcorn night.
- Have a date night with my husband - Yes! Did this when my parents were in town.
- Continue financial help (knowledge, not money) with sister & friend - Yes, I did both this month.
- Complete another full round of 21 Day Fix - I only finished 15/21, and can tell a difference. I missed a few workouts when I was sick, and just never got back around to them.
- Eat 5.5 servings a day of fruit & veggies - Nope, 4.3.
- Lose 4 pounds - I did lose 1/2 a pound. I had no idea this would be so slow! But, I'll definitely take any progress.
- Run at least 8 times - I had four runs in April.
- Work from home 3 days - Yes!
- Take two classes that I need for a work opportunity - Nope, and I may not do them. I have another big opportunity to focus on instead, and did make progress on that front. So, considering that a win.
- Make one new recipe - Nope.
- Spend time with a friend - Yes, girls trip!
- Volunteer at least 1x - Nope.
- Write for at least 4 hours on personal stuff - Not even close. Did pretty much nothing.
- Summarize my findings from completing my Dream Bio, and plan to turn at least one of those findings into action. - Not even close. Did pretty much nothing.
So, there you have it, folks! For those of you who think that I get so much done every day/month. . . well, sometimes I do. But, more often I have months where I have some wins, and some fails. But, it's all good! May is going to be a good month! What about you? How did you do with your April goals?