- Made all dinners at home, using leftovers. (We cook on weekends & then reheat during the week.) Yesterday we had a little bit of lots of things for everybody, but stayed the course vs going out.
- Cancelled 3 return flights (myself + the kids) & determined that we would drive home from our summer beach trip. This allows us to save the price of a rental car (minus the gas involved in driving to & from) + the 3 one way tickets & a round trip ticket for M. The goal was to bring tools & supplies for some work we need to do on our vacation house, but after rethinking the trip, we were able to make other changes as noted here, in order to save more.
- Used frequent flier miles to book two round trip tickets to Hawaii. Paid outright for the other two. When we originally started pricing a week in Hawaii, the price was absolutely insane. I promised myself that we could book it if I could get the cost cut in half. . . it's taken a bunch of work & time, but I did it!
- Found a penny on the ground ;-)
- Didn't save me money, but I had a free hotel night that was expiring & I wasn't able to use - I offered it to a coworker, and his family will be able to use it. As a thank you, he upgraded my upcoming Tokyo flight to business class, using a free upgrade. That's a huge win for me!
What about you? Any frugal wins to report?