Freezer challenge items for next week:
2 containers of sauce with beef tips
- Another container of chicken soup - this was a fail because I'm the only one who likes this type of soup, and this one has a ton of dairy, which bothers my stomach. Trying to think of what to do with it.
- Turkey - we had a turkey in the fridge that needed to be used first, so we went with this instead.
We also were able to use up a few bonus items:
- A container of taco meat
- A bag of tortillas
- A container of tortilla soup
- A small package of ham
I have just a couple of items for the week, as I'm trying to be realistic about what we will eat before we leave.
- 12 freezer burritos
- Lubia polo (Persian beef & rice dish)
And, here's a menu that should use up most items:
- Saturday - lasagna
- Sunday - Lubia polo
- Monday - Freezer burritos with guac
- Tuesday - leftover lasagna
- Wednesday - leftover lubia polo
- Thursday - freezer burritos w/guac
- Friday - we will be out of town, but it will definitely be a freezer meal from our vacation house
I will still try to get one of the kids to eat the soup that's left today, but that's a maybe for completing the challenge. Otherwise, I feel good about the bonus items & the planned things we used. What about you? Are you trying to use up anything in your freezer? How are you doing with your freezer challenge?