As with previous years, I find the buckets of goals helps me keep things in reasonable balance.
- Stick to the budget
- Come up with a "pay off our house" model, & a 3/5/10 year plan
- Every month, come up with a new way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis.
- Make $3,000 in side hustle money (I made $2,791 in 2018, so this will be a nice stretch)
- Continue to track "unplanned" money & divert it to our goals
- Increase our charitable giving to cover the new corporate match.
- Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids.
- Be more present with the kids & M - play games, minimize computer time, exercise together, etc.
- Have two dates with M per month
- Eat 5 servings of fruit & vegetables/day
- Build & follow a training plan & run a half marathon in under 2:25.
- Work out every day in 2019. (Realistically, this will be completing 365 workouts, vs hitting every day. I want a bit of flexibility for days I'm sick, traveling, etc.)
- Get back to more actively tracking my calories
- Complete 10,000 minutes of cardio
- Complete 100 strength workouts.
- Complete 75 stretching workouts.
- Complete 100 meditations
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress (until I leave)
- Take a sabbatical
- Decide on returning to work part time
- Stop using electronics by 7:30 each evening
5) Personal/creative - Spend more time on myself/creative pursuits.
- Make time for my friends. Do something social at least once per month.
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month
- Make something homemade for Christmas
- Make photo books & get rid of our all extra digital & photo clutter
What about you? What are your goals for 2019?