Saturday, December 1, 2018

Rite Aid Haul

I went to Rite Aid today to spend ~$80 in rewards, as well as to use a 30% coupon. I always forget that the 30% off coupon doesn't apply to on sale items, so it was less useful than I'd expected. This Rite Aid had zero ads/flyers. The cashier mentioned that they didn't receive any this week, so I had to look up some of the items on my phone, and made some errors as a result, because scanning the ad on your phone is not that easy. ;-)

That said, I feel like I did well with the rewards & got some good stock up items. I also picked up $50 in Netflix gift cards, earning another rebate. We have Netflix (for now, we're evaluating the value of it, but use the movies when traveling, and/or for the kids to watch the occasional show), & buying the gift cards at least gives us a small discount.

I also was interested in picking up a few snack items for the kids & stocking up on toiletries we use frequently.

Here's what I bought at Rite Aid:

  • 24 bars of soap
  • A bag of pretzels
  • 3 boxes of popcorn (containing 3 bags each)
  • 2 brownie mixes, for quick treats to bring to friends houses (for the kids)
  • 4 kids shampoo/conditioner/body wash
  • 2 large containers of Head & Shoulders 2 in 1 shampoo
  • 13 mailing envelopes (for eBay purchases)
  • 2 containers of Olay moisturizer with sunblock (this is my every day face lotion)
  • 2 boxes of caffeine free fruit tea
  • 3 boxes of Kraft Mac & Cheese
  • 4 containers of the toffee peanuts (Sam is obsessed with these). I will need to hide three, and only put out one at a time.
  • 2 $25 Netflix gift cards
Total price for this was $142.74 (tax inclusive). I used $79.82 of rewards, and paid $62.92. I also earned $14 in new rewards. 

I realized that I hadn't earned the full rewards on a few purchases (not having the ad), so I had to make a second purchase:
  • 6 bars of soap
  • 2 more Olay moisturizers with sunblock 
Total spent = $14.17 (tax inclusive), & I earned $16 in rewards.

In summary, I spent down $79.82 in rewards, earned $30 in new rewards, and paid $27.09. (I'm not counting the Netflix gift cards, as those come out of a different budget). Super happy with the deals, as I was able to pick up eBay supplies, stock up on snacks & tea, and get toiletries that should see us through 2019.

I didn't find the Chipotle gift cards at my Rite Aid, so may try to find them at another store. 

What about you? Any wins at Rite Aid or elsewhere? My big win for the week was buying $300 in Home Depot gift cards, and earning $30 at our grocery store. We have many house projects still underway, so these will be used for sure. And, free grocery money? Yes, please!

4 comments:

  1. I have barely left Rite-Aid the past week! lolz
    You did well with your haul.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the ad for this week, and it doesn't look like anything we need, so maybe I'll take a break! I only go 2-3x/year, but if you ever decide to stock up, now is the time for sure.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to see what I can do with CVS this week. I still don't completely understand the system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried CVS, but good luck! I get really into this for a couple of weeks/year, gather as many deals as I can, and then call it good. I don't have time or energy & the best deals are now. I figure I take advantage of like 75% of the most useful deals/year by paying attention between Thanksgiving & Christmas.

      Delete