That said, I feel like I did well with the rewards & got some good stock up items. I also picked up $50 in Netflix gift cards, earning another rebate. We have Netflix (for now, we're evaluating the value of it, but use the movies when traveling, and/or for the kids to watch the occasional show), & buying the gift cards at least gives us a small discount.
I also was interested in picking up a few snack items for the kids & stocking up on toiletries we use frequently.
Here's what I bought at Rite Aid:
- 24 bars of soap
- A bag of pretzels
- 3 boxes of popcorn (containing 3 bags each)
- 2 brownie mixes, for quick treats to bring to friends houses (for the kids)
- 4 kids shampoo/conditioner/body wash
- 2 large containers of Head & Shoulders 2 in 1 shampoo
- 13 mailing envelopes (for eBay purchases)
- 2 containers of Olay moisturizer with sunblock (this is my every day face lotion)
- 2 boxes of caffeine free fruit tea
- 3 boxes of Kraft Mac & Cheese
- 4 containers of the toffee peanuts (Sam is obsessed with these). I will need to hide three, and only put out one at a time.
- 2 $25 Netflix gift cards
Total price for this was $142.74 (tax inclusive). I used $79.82 of rewards, and paid $62.92. I also earned $14 in new rewards.
I realized that I hadn't earned the full rewards on a few purchases (not having the ad), so I had to make a second purchase:
- 6 bars of soap
- 2 more Olay moisturizers with sunblock
Total spent = $14.17 (tax inclusive), & I earned $16 in rewards.
In summary, I spent down $79.82 in rewards, earned $30 in new rewards, and paid $27.09. (I'm not counting the Netflix gift cards, as those come out of a different budget). Super happy with the deals, as I was able to pick up eBay supplies, stock up on snacks & tea, and get toiletries that should see us through 2019.
I didn't find the Chipotle gift cards at my Rite Aid, so may try to find them at another store.
What about you? Any wins at Rite Aid or elsewhere? My big win for the week was buying $300 in Home Depot gift cards, and earning $30 at our grocery store. We have many house projects still underway, so these will be used for sure. And, free grocery money? Yes, please!