1 container of taco meat - dinner for Monday/WednesdayDone! Container of homemade tomato sauce- Done!
- Rotisserie chicken - dinner for Friday. We ended up using leftover chicken pesto in place of this, so it didn't happen. In fact, I froze extra chicken from that dish.
Chicken broth - dinner for Friday Tortillas (won't use all of the bag, maybe 1/2) - dinner for Monday/Wednesday- Done, and actually used part of another bag from the freezer. There were fewer tortillas in the bag than I'd expected. One container of soup- Done!
- 4 small burritos (lunches while I was unexpectedly at home)
- Leftover delivery pizza
- A full frozen pizza
- Deli meat
- Single serving of butternut squash soup
- Bagel bites as fill ins for snacks after many soccer games
Freezer challenge items for next week:
- 2 containers of sauce with beef tips
- Another container of chicken soup
So, based on my freezer challenge items, our menu plan for the week is shaping up to be:
- Friday - we had two kinds of pizza from the freezer! Bonus items!
- Saturday - we went out to dinner, using a gift card ;-)
- Sunday - Rice with wine sauce with beef tips
- Monday - turkey with stuffing, gravy & mashed potatoes
- Tuesday - Leftover rice w/wine sauce & beef tips
- Wednesday - Leftover turkey, stuffing & potatoes
- Thursday - If no more leftovers, spaghetti & meatballs
- Friday - Homemade pizza
What about you? What's on your menu for the week, and do you have any freezer items you're trying to get rid of?