Another month in 2020 is gone, and we are now into November! I'm looking forward to seeing family & seeing the tail end of this year. A steps/walking/running competition was a driving force for me this month, reminding me to get outside & continue with my working out, even with all of the competing demands on my time. That's reflected in my personal best results for cardio in a month.
Here's how I did with my October goals:
- Stick to the budget & commit to a lower grocery budget (10% less) in October. - Yes! We have struggled with our grocery bill since COVID hit, but we were much closer to normal. In fact, we were over 30% lower!
- Pay down our mortgage to the next milestone - yes, achieved!
- No clothing/shoes purchases for me - done
- Make $750 in side hustle - I made $393, due to really slow eBay sales
- Work through freezer/pantry clean out (10 random items out) - I used up the last of the mozzarella sticks (from the Super Bowl!) & lasagna noodles. I don't know that I made a bunch of progress beyond that.
- Have will/guardianship appointments - yes, and now we just need to get the draft wills reviewed & signed
- Make time for socially distanced activities with the kids - we did lots of walks, watched movies, & drove around to see the lights/Halloween decorations
- Off the computer by 7:30 each evening - mostly, yes
- Have a weekly half hour alone with M, two creative dates - yes! We went to a socially distanced inner & lunch out
- Schedule a call with M's family - no
- Two hours of practicing a language - I practiced most days, so giving this a pass
- Compliment M every day - yes, work in progress
- Complete one project/day (taking advantage of WFH) - yes
- Lose 2 lbs - I lost 1 lb, but my legs are very, very toned at the moment!
- Work out every day - I ended the month with 47 workouts, thanks to plenty of days with double work outs
- Complete 1400 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 5 stretching workouts - 2,175 cardio minutes (personal best), & quite a few "mini" strength & stretching workouts, due to some daily challenges I'm doing with others
- Meditate 20 times - 16 times
- Run 15 times - 8, due to lots & lots of walking. I was also sore/tired/blistered for the last week, which interfered with the running
- Do something social at least 2x/month - yes, virtual happy hours & socially distanced walks/hikes with friends
- Volunteer - yes, I've done two projects helping kids with reading
- Journal 25 times - yes
- Improve myself (judge less, listen more often, reduce/eliminate swearing, one kind deed/day) - good progress across all of these, and giving up the news/social media the last few weeks has helped tremendously with my overall stress level, and the swearing ;-)
- Read one non-fiction book - 1/2 way through one, although I did plenty of reading this month & went more for mystery/thriller vs romance
So, that's how I will wrap up October! What about you? How did you do with your monthly goals? Any wins to celebrate?